“Clean & Modern”

Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fountain Valley
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Pros:

-Clean
-Modern
-Located right off the freeway
-Friendly service
-Free Parking
-Free Wifi

Cons:

-Felt a bit over-priced at $150/night
-Hate the way Courtyard Hotels put the TV to the side of the bed, rather than in front of it!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Happy New Year!

Thank you for your comments, your feedback is very much appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed you're stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My daughters and i had to make a trip to CA. we stayed 2 night and the room was clean and quite. our only issue was not being able to open the window (which should be able to) and i guess it was that big of a deal because we never informed the front desk that we had a problem. the lady that checked us in was not very friendly but efficient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. We strongly encourage our guests to inform us of anything that may be wrong. This way we are able to correct it right away and ensure you have a great stay. Otherwise, I’m glad to hear you and your daughters enjoyed yourselves. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I thought for the price, a few amenities would be included. continental breakfast at least.
the bed was stiff. the TV was in a odd place, it seemed like it could use some upgrading.
the back door lock was broke, which concerned me, stayed open all night, anyone could of come in. I felt like the staff was a bunch of high school kids and no one was in charge. No one seemed to be very helpful or wanted to spend time talking to the guest as much as each other, I had to ask for everything. Several times. I may not be familiar with the hotel now a days, but, they don't show you to your room anymore, or show you how the TV works, how the heater works, how to even get to the elevator to find our room. had to walk all the way around the building to get help . you have to call for help on all this . Being a women along, driving 5 hours, I was tired.
but, it was on the 3rd floor, and I did get my quiet I needed so badly. so, I do like that .

Room Tip: get one on the top floor away from the freeway, looking out the hotel next door.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nice decor, clean rooms, and pretty grounds. Breakfast in the bistro is good quality at a decent price in a short time. Rooms are quiet, bathrooms are updated and the bed was comfortable.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was on the outside facing the busy road and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you very much for your pleasant comments. Our ultimate goal is to make our guests feel comfortable and provide an enjoyable and efficient stay. It’s pleasing to know that was your experience here with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Booked this hotel to be close to Huntington Beach for July 4th holiday. You could bike to beach from this location or easily take a bus too. We enjoyed the pool which is on the small, intimate side. That room was what you expect from the quality of Marriott. This hotel also had a bar and grille in lobby, but it has set hours. However I came down looking for an espresso coffee and I found that the cafe was closed, not opening up for a few hours. the front desk person offered to make the coffee for me. It was great! Will definitely stay again. Lot's of stores and restaurants nearby and right off the 495 freeway.

Room Tip: If your looking for a quiet location, ask for a room not facing pool which is in center of hotel bui...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Though we always want you to feel comfortable enough to relax on our property, it’s nice you were satisfied with our local surroundings as well. We have cross trained our associates to assist in making Starbucks coffees throughout the day and we are glad you could experience that during your stay. Thank you for sharing, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Most of us stay at a Courtyard because we know it will provide a predictable experience at a mid-range price. There's nothing wrong with that - and it's a model that is clearly working for Marriott.

However, I spent last weekend at the Fountain Valley Courtyard with my family during a beach-cities soccer tournament - and the experience really exceeded my expectations in many ways.

While the hotel looks like "just another Courtyard" from the outside (clean, tan and well-maintained) - the inside has been completely redone and is very contemporary and stylish. Lots of great lobby seating, numerous large screen TVs and an open-concept restaurant/bar that was very inviting.

The food at the hotel was refreshingly good and freshly prepared. The salads had crisp greens - and the breakfast dishes were made-to-order and better than most mid-range restaurants that you might go to.

Finally, the last comment I'll make is with respect to the staff. Like the interior of the hotel and the food at the restaurant - the staff were surprisingly 'fresh', energetic and helpful. It seemed like they were constantly in motion to tidy things up and ensure that guests were being well taken care of. One example occurred in the morning when I went to get a cup of the FREE Starbuck's coffee that they had in the lobby. The dispenser was running out of coffee - so I mentioned it to the person at the front desk. She IMMEDIATELY walked over, took the coffee canister to make another batch and then returned 1 minute later with two cups of fresh coffee in her hand so that I would not need to wait for the next batch to brew. Great service!

Overall, I'm sure that my experience at this Courtyard was exactly what Marriott had in mind when they made the decision to 'update' the hotel at this location. I would stay at this hotel ANYTIME.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the INTERIOR of the hotel. You'll overlook the pool area and will hav...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MarkSandieg0

Thank you so much for your comments! I agree, the hotel renovation has made a very positive impact in the guests experience and I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. We strive to provide exemplary service, so you can expect the same on your next visit!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a really good location for the beach and other OC activities like Disneyland etc. Our room was really nice. We got the King suite for 20 extra bucks including the stay for breakfast. More about that later. Our room was two rooms although the living room was fairly "tight". Once the hide-a-bed was opened the desk became useless and I actually moved the chair into the bedroom so we could squeeze by. All in all the room was nice, fairly updated and quite clean. The bathroom was lacking a fan, which is odd. It had a small fridge and microwave, which was convenient. The pool was good, not so large and didn't have a board or slide but kids seemed to enjoy anyway. The breakfast was really good. It was hot fresh and large servings if you’re hungry. They also have kids meals. The location was great, right off the 405. But we didn't hear any road noise in our room, however there was some sort of noise periodically that might have been an elevator. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank usametric
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. It makes us happy to hear our guests are able to take full advantage of the facilities we have to offer as well as our surrounding locations. We are glad you all enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Valley
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
#13 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Best Western Surf City
Best Western Surf City
#6 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington Beach
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington ...
#16 of 21 in Huntington Beach

Been to Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley? Share your experiences!