“Will Stay Here Again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fountain Valley
Denver, CO area
“Will Stay Here Again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2008

Forgot to write a review after our stay. This was our 2nd stay in this hotel in 3 months.. Once for G-Ma's B-Day then to return unfotunately for her funeral. Both stays were pleasant, service was without incident. Still have Family in the area and will stay again if costs stay reasonable (we paid 90-100 nite)...

• Liked — Ease of highway access, location to local attractions
  • Disliked — none noted
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Claremont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2008

We decided to stay at this hotel for our son's baseball tournament in Huntington Beach. We don't live far from here but since the tournament was going for 3 days we wanted a place to lay our heads after a long day at the ballbark. As usual Tripadvisor's called it right.

We are a family of 5 so we stayed in the 1 bedroom suite/ 2 queen beds and a seperate living area w/ a pullout. Was perfect size for us (we also brought a blow-up queen bed) and we had ample room, was bascially the size of 2 large side by side rooms.
Although the original building was probably an older Courtyard it was recently modernized w/granite counters and modern decor. Nice. The lobby area was nice and a great place to meet up w/ friends or business associates,

The courtyard pool area was nice and although we didn't swim we noticed the area fairly busy and the gazebo was a nice area to meet-up w/friends and have drinks it seemed to be a popular hang-out. We also had a nice balcony area to sit and enjoy the courtyard view. again, we were not disappointed with our Marriott stay. Also, The Residence Inn by Marriott is adjacent to this Courtyard which made it nice for large groups such as ours to gather.

I really have no complaints. The only minor problem was 1 day our housekeeping didn't clean our room till 3:00pm not an issue for us at the time, so not a big deal. That's the only reason for the lower rating I gave. If I were to stay again I would confirm a time w/housekeeping.

Easy check-in and check-out, friendly staff, close to everything by car. They even gave us a late check-out (2:00pm) w/no question. Nice! All in all, a great stay.

• Liked — cleanliness, upkeep, location, room size
  • Disliked — Not much
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2008

Under promise and over deliver is the way I like a hotel to be and this Courtyard achieves new heights in overdelivering.

I stayed here for two days on a four day trip. I'm a very frequent Marriott customer and I know my way around most any Courtyard, or so I thought.

I picked this hotel for its convenient location. It's right on the I-405 freeway and it's about equal distance to the beach as it is to Anaheim (where Disneyland is if you don't know), which was optimal for my trip.

Pulling up, this particular Courtyard is clearly immaculately maintained - moreso than any Courtyard by Marriott I've ever stayed at. Every blade of grass was beautifully trimmed and there weren't any grass clippings to be found. The driveway was beautiful and the entrance to the lobby was just spotless. I knew when I walked in that this was the "older" style Courtyard with the actual courtyard in the middle and all of the little extras you don't see in the newer ones like the massive spa, refrigerators in the rooms, etc.

Check in was a breeze and everyone was incredibly friendly. It's got the 24 hour convenience store inside the lobby as well as the full Courtyard Cafe. Parking was well-lit and open. The room was beautiful and clean, with our room having a lovely Courtyard view. This Courtyard is staggered: one room with a balcony...one room with a window throughout the courtyard. We had a window and it was fine. We had a lovely view of the immaculate courtyard and the sidewalks around the pool/spa area.

What really made this hotel nice was the huge gazebo in the courtyard. My guest and I had a full schedule and it was just wonderful to come home after a long day and relax. The gazebo is the obligatory Marriott outdoor smoking area, but I didn't see any smokers...just people relaxing and chatting.

The hotel really was to have played a minor part in our trip, but it was just such a nice place to come home to at night and relax and unwind that I looked forward to coming home. The hotel is well maintained and there's a vibrant lobby and courtyard in the evenings and it feels "busy, relaxed" if I had to put words to it.

There are plenty of decent restaurants in the area and it's just close to everything. I was flying out of LAX. From the Fountain Valley Courtyard to LAX took us 32 minutes with no traffic on a Sunday. It's about 5-10 minutes to get to Orange County/Santa Ana (SNA) airport without traffic.

The check-out process was the only place I hit even the most minor snag...I had to go to the desk to correct a billing mistake and it was done in 10 seconds and I walked out with a corrected receipt with their deepest apologies. I was continually impressed by the staff.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone. It's a great value compared to places closer to Disneyland or Huntington Beach and you will get a much higher level of service here than you'd expect.

• Liked — The wonderful gazebo, pool, and courtyard area
  • Disliked — I wish every room had a balcony instead of the staggered window/balcony thing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank bryan240
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2008

If you've stayed at one Courtyard, you've stayed at them all. This one is very convenient to I-405, and is as comfortable as any other. I arrived at 7:30pm on the tail end of a heat wave, and my room had been sitting vacant without the A/C turned on; it was HOT! I turned it on high and left for an hour. By 9:30 it was cool enough to go to bed.
Breakfast was available, but not included.
The property was quite clean, as expected.

• Liked — Convenience to SNA airport, my office and I-405
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2008

I booked this hotel at the very last possible minute when a friend came into town and wanted to go to Disneyland. It is a very short drive (15 minutes) to Disneyland and a short drive to Huntington Beach. Although there aren't any restaurants in the immediate area around the hotel, there are several less than 5 miles away. The desk service was excellent -- the girl was very friendly and helpful to offer suggestions. The rooms were standard issue, although I didn't find the beds to be the most comfortable and the linens weren't my choice. They offer free internet, printing, copying, etc, which are all very convenient. There is an enclosed hot tub, an outdoor pool, and a basic exercise room. The hotel was VERY quiet, and I had no complaints.

• Liked — Location, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Linens, beds
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2007

We go to Huntington Beach once a year, and for us this is the most conveniently located hotel. It's exceptionally clean and comfortable, with really nice, soft pillows, and the staff couldn't be more helpful and cheerful. What's more, it's reasonably priced. There's an attractive pool, too.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Nothing, really
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2007

The rooms are typical courtyard marriott style, where its large enough for four people to sleep in (one king, one sofa bed). It was clean, large and functional. If you just need a place to stay its a good place. We were in town for a wedding at the Hilton Waterfront, so in lieu of paying US$300 for either the Hilton or Hyatt, we decided on the Marriott Courtyard, which was a great option since its only 10 minute drive away from the beach. I would avoid loitering around int he middle of the night outside the hotel front/back entrances since there seemed to be some shady dealings going on there when we got back late one night.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Valley
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
#12 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,074 reviews
Days Inn & Suites Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
BEST WESTERN Surf City
BEST WESTERN Surf City
#6 of 22 in Huntington Beach

Been to Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley? Share your experiences!