“Close to Beach, Usual Quality of Marriott”

Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Fountain Valley
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Booked this hotel to be close to Huntington Beach for July 4th holiday. You could bike to beach from this location or easily take a bus too. We enjoyed the pool which is on the small, intimate side. That room was what you expect from the quality of Marriott. This hotel also had a bar and grille in lobby, but it has set hours. However I came down looking for an espresso coffee and I found that the cafe was closed, not opening up for a few hours. the front desk person offered to make the coffee for me. It was great! Will definitely stay again. Lot's of stores and restaurants nearby and right off the 495 freeway.

Room Tip: If your looking for a quiet location, ask for a room not facing pool which is in center of hotel bui...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Though we always want you to feel comfortable enough to relax on our property, it’s nice you were satisfied with our local surroundings as well. We have cross trained our associates to assist in making Starbucks coffees throughout the day and we are glad you could experience that during your stay. Thank you for sharing, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Most of us stay at a Courtyard because we know it will provide a predictable experience at a mid-range price. There's nothing wrong with that - and it's a model that is clearly working for Marriott.

However, I spent last weekend at the Fountain Valley Courtyard with my family during a beach-cities soccer tournament - and the experience really exceeded my expectations in many ways.

While the hotel looks like "just another Courtyard" from the outside (clean, tan and well-maintained) - the inside has been completely redone and is very contemporary and stylish. Lots of great lobby seating, numerous large screen TVs and an open-concept restaurant/bar that was very inviting.

The food at the hotel was refreshingly good and freshly prepared. The salads had crisp greens - and the breakfast dishes were made-to-order and better than most mid-range restaurants that you might go to.

Finally, the last comment I'll make is with respect to the staff. Like the interior of the hotel and the food at the restaurant - the staff were surprisingly 'fresh', energetic and helpful. It seemed like they were constantly in motion to tidy things up and ensure that guests were being well taken care of. One example occurred in the morning when I went to get a cup of the FREE Starbuck's coffee that they had in the lobby. The dispenser was running out of coffee - so I mentioned it to the person at the front desk. She IMMEDIATELY walked over, took the coffee canister to make another batch and then returned 1 minute later with two cups of fresh coffee in her hand so that I would not need to wait for the next batch to brew. Great service!

Overall, I'm sure that my experience at this Courtyard was exactly what Marriott had in mind when they made the decision to 'update' the hotel at this location. I would stay at this hotel ANYTIME.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the INTERIOR of the hotel. You'll overlook the pool area and will hav...
1  Thank MarkSandieg0
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments! I agree, the hotel renovation has made a very positive impact in the guests experience and I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. We strive to provide exemplary service, so you can expect the same on your next visit!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a really good location for the beach and other OC activities like Disneyland etc. Our room was really nice. We got the King suite for 20 extra bucks including the stay for breakfast. More about that later. Our room was two rooms although the living room was fairly "tight". Once the hide-a-bed was opened the desk became useless and I actually moved the chair into the bedroom so we could squeeze by. All in all the room was nice, fairly updated and quite clean. The bathroom was lacking a fan, which is odd. It had a small fridge and microwave, which was convenient. The pool was good, not so large and didn't have a board or slide but kids seemed to enjoy anyway. The breakfast was really good. It was hot fresh and large servings if you’re hungry. They also have kids meals. The location was great, right off the 405. But we didn't hear any road noise in our room, however there was some sort of noise periodically that might have been an elevator. We would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank usametric
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. It makes us happy to hear our guests are able to take full advantage of the facilities we have to offer as well as our surrounding locations. We are glad you all enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I am VERY sure that NO ONE likes any of their belongings stolen. That is a travelers WORSE NIGHTMARE!!!!
As I was roadtripping for a show in HB, my business partner and I stayed at this hotel. I WISH WE NEVER DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I left my hat on top of the closet bureau, and checked out at noon. ONLY 3 hours later, to remember I left it there. I called the front desk(female), they didn't care. They took my information and never called back. I called back and spoke to a gentleman, who actually has done the most (i think) of everyone I have spoken too so far. He checked lost and found, and went to the room and said he didnt see anything but the room had been cleaned. So the next step would be to talk to housekeeping because that is THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN IN THERE SINCE WE CHECKED OUT!!
I left a voicemail that day for the supervisor, NO CALL BACK!! 4 days later, I call to check up on this situation being handled. NO ONE WAS DOING ANYTHING!!! OR CARING ABOUT THIS ISSUE!!!
The housekeeping "supervisor" was trying to talk over me while I was explaining the story, and when I asked why she hasnt contacted me back, she put the blame on the front desk. Isn't that YOUR JOB!!!????? Then she "claimed" she checked the room herself that day, LOL!!!
Are you serious? She wasn't even there that day! All of housekeeping had gone home by that time. And her "story" of her checking the room doesn't add up. I asked her what time she checked the room... she said that it was two days ago and can't remember!!!! LOL.
What kind of "supervisor" doesn't remember or even have an ESTIMATION of what time they addressed this situation??!?!! Someone with that short of memory shouldn't be a SUPERVISOR!
All of their stories just don't add up or make any kind of sense. No one has showed me empathy or concern or care about MY PROPERTY that has SERIOUS SENTIMENTAL VALUE to me.
It's sad to see this kind of careless establishment still running.
I WILL NEVER GO BACK. I HOPE AS SOMEONE WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR OWN BELONGINGS, YOU WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS ESTABLISHMENT OR THEIR EMPLOYEES.
Sorry for the rant.... I am just heart broken about the careless ACTS for my property.
I can never replace what was just STOLEN from me :"(

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jessica M

I am sorry we were not able to help you recover your baseball cap. I delayed in responding so I could review the details with housekeeping. It seems they followed procedures as it relates to a lost and found items. I did follow up with the housekeeper and she did not see your baseball cap when the room was cleaned. I wish we could have been more help recovering your baseball cap.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

From the time we arrived to the time we left, everyone, even the back of house staff was friendly, and said "hello". There wasnt that feeling of stressed out employees nor any lack of care.
A true sign of good management!

Accomodations were comfortable, clean and modern. Of course Starbucks coffee is great to have too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words. It is important to remember our duty in providing a delightful ambience for our guests, so we are glad that was your experience here with us. I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Lobby was best feature of hotel with good staff and adequate menu choices for snacks and breakfast. Halls are dimly lit and gloomy. Rooms are a but out of date with mismatched couch cushions. Exterior door key cards not functional. Piled laundry in halls in evening was not appealing.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank John R
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you kindly for your review. Our staff here prides themselves on delivering the best service possible. Although there were a few things not to your liking, I assure you I will speak with the appropriate departments to adjust accordingly. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a nice quiet and comfortable hotel. The pool was very nice, I swam in the morning and the pool was heated to a comfortable temperature. Food bar has limited choices, but what we ate for breakfast was good. comfortable beds.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cathym736
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for the pleasant review. Everyone does their best to ensure every facet of our guests stay is efficient and enjoyable. We hope you will return to visit us in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Valley
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
SpringHill Suites Huntington Beach Orange County
SpringHill Suites Huntington Bea...
#9 of 21 in Huntington Beach
2 mi away
Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro
1 mi away
Days Inn & Suites Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
#13 of 21 in Huntington Beach

Been to Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley? Share your experiences!