“THEY STOLE MY STUFF!!! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!”

Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fountain Valley
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I am VERY sure that NO ONE likes any of their belongings stolen. That is a travelers WORSE NIGHTMARE!!!!
As I was roadtripping for a show in HB, my business partner and I stayed at this hotel. I WISH WE NEVER DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I left my hat on top of the closet bureau, and checked out at noon. ONLY 3 hours later, to remember I left it there. I called the front desk(female), they didn't care. They took my information and never called back. I called back and spoke to a gentleman, who actually has done the most (i think) of everyone I have spoken too so far. He checked lost and found, and went to the room and said he didnt see anything but the room had been cleaned. So the next step would be to talk to housekeeping because that is THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN IN THERE SINCE WE CHECKED OUT!!
I left a voicemail that day for the supervisor, NO CALL BACK!! 4 days later, I call to check up on this situation being handled. NO ONE WAS DOING ANYTHING!!! OR CARING ABOUT THIS ISSUE!!!
The housekeeping "supervisor" was trying to talk over me while I was explaining the story, and when I asked why she hasnt contacted me back, she put the blame on the front desk. Isn't that YOUR JOB!!!????? Then she "claimed" she checked the room herself that day, LOL!!!
Are you serious? She wasn't even there that day! All of housekeeping had gone home by that time. And her "story" of her checking the room doesn't add up. I asked her what time she checked the room... she said that it was two days ago and can't remember!!!! LOL.
What kind of "supervisor" doesn't remember or even have an ESTIMATION of what time they addressed this situation??!?!! Someone with that short of memory shouldn't be a SUPERVISOR!
All of their stories just don't add up or make any kind of sense. No one has showed me empathy or concern or care about MY PROPERTY that has SERIOUS SENTIMENTAL VALUE to me.
It's sad to see this kind of careless establishment still running.
I WILL NEVER GO BACK. I HOPE AS SOMEONE WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR OWN BELONGINGS, YOU WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS ESTABLISHMENT OR THEIR EMPLOYEES.
Sorry for the rant.... I am just heart broken about the careless ACTS for my property.
I can never replace what was just STOLEN from me :"(

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jessica M
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

I am sorry we were not able to help you recover your baseball cap. I delayed in responding so I could review the details with housekeeping. It seems they followed procedures as it relates to a lost and found items. I did follow up with the housekeeper and she did not see your baseball cap when the room was cleaned. I wish we could have been more help recovering your baseball cap.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

From the time we arrived to the time we left, everyone, even the back of house staff was friendly, and said "hello". There wasnt that feeling of stressed out employees nor any lack of care.
A true sign of good management!

Accomodations were comfortable, clean and modern. Of course Starbucks coffee is great to have too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words. It is important to remember our duty in providing a delightful ambience for our guests, so we are glad that was your experience here with us. I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Lobby was best feature of hotel with good staff and adequate menu choices for snacks and breakfast. Halls are dimly lit and gloomy. Rooms are a but out of date with mismatched couch cushions. Exterior door key cards not functional. Piled laundry in halls in evening was not appealing.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank John R
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you kindly for your review. Our staff here prides themselves on delivering the best service possible. Although there were a few things not to your liking, I assure you I will speak with the appropriate departments to adjust accordingly. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a nice quiet and comfortable hotel. The pool was very nice, I swam in the morning and the pool was heated to a comfortable temperature. Food bar has limited choices, but what we ate for breakfast was good. comfortable beds.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cathym736
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for the pleasant review. Everyone does their best to ensure every facet of our guests stay is efficient and enjoyable. We hope you will return to visit us in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Location was great. Rooms OK. Front desk staff were very helpful and polite. I had a business meeting very early in morning, after late check in had to make up sofa bed myself, which had ugly stained mattress I would have preferred not to see and call for pillows! In the morning realized while already in shower they had neglected to put shampoo or working blow dryer in room. After rough start the rest of the stay was fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 859MJO
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

We appreciate all of your feedback. Clearly we missed a few details during your stay, and for that we do apologize. I will make sure this information is passed along to the appropriate department, ensuring our improvement for the future.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in May. The hotel was conveniently located near a business meeting. The rooms are furnished well but are very noisy (recommend that you ask for a room facing the courtyard and not the traffic-busy road.) The gym was *very* disappointing - basically a very small with pretty much nothing in it. Please add at least ONE bike to the room. The reception desk was very good and the service people are very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DDO89

Thank you very much for your comments. I understand what you mean, since our property was built over 20 years ago when gyms weren’t as popular as they are now. Unfortunately, due to ADA requirements, we are not able to add anymore equipment in the exercise room. However, your feedback is appreciated and we do hope you come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This Courtyard is in a good location to lots of restaurants and activities in the Fountain Valley area. The Bistro was excellent and the staff was excellent. Very friendly. My room was clean and comfortable. Got a great night sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room with a courtyard view. It's quiet and provides a great view.