“Crap Service”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed January 17, 2013

don't bother even if you live nearby. The service is always crap, they change owners and names every two minutes and the food is just so so. Don't you dare ask for anything extra (forks, sauces, pickles) they'll tell you to your face that Indian's want everything free and won't give you a damn thing. The prices are changed daily so don't count on paying anything you might see on the website. The place is always freezing cold. If you order your food to go, make sure you check your order as most of the time you'll end up with something different than what you ordered. Always check your bill too to ensure you are being charged correctly.

There are newer reviews for Tabla Flavors

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This place is so close to home that I check every few months if it has improved. Previous review made me visit this place again, It is a misleading review, even owner of the restaurant won't give it more than two stars.

Every time I visit this place, I feel they have hit the rock bottom. Now nowhere else to go, but just up. :-) I must admit though. Tabla people kept surprising me. They kept digging to the new bottom.

Yesterday I ordered Vijaywada Chicken Biryani which was a disaster!!!!

A thick layer (two inches) of plain rice was topped with sliced onions and spiced up pieces of leftover chicken tikka.

What I really like about the Chef, is the rebellious attitude. There are traditional ways to make Biryani and there are ways to make Pulao. At Tabla, these standards are thrown out of the window and they call any dish whatever they want. Who else would dare to call a mixture of leftover food with rice - a Biryani !!!!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We tried this place 2 times. First time, the food ordered was not specifically what we ordered. When we complained, the waiter refused to agree about what we ordred. Luckily the owner was there and he came to our rescue and helped us. Most of the time the owner seems to be absent and the same waiter is the there who seems to be not interested at all. The second time we went, we were served cold food. We were expecting hot freshly prepared food. I dont recommend this place at all to anybody. The taste is also not great. They put a typical spice in every single dish that messes up the taste. I know what authentic Indian food means and this place sucks for sure.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you like Biryani's, you would love this place because they have Chicken Bum Biryani, Goat Biryani and newly introduced "Boneless" Vijayawada Spl Chicken Biryani.

I love this Boneless Biryani. they are giving 25% Discount on it.

1  Thank Diana A
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Poor service. Waited for 1.5 hours for the order which never came though the bill was presented to me. No apologies for the delay. No one would make eye contact even. Their food is also inconsistent. In between the lamb biriyani was good. Now its just rice with load of spices and bones. Food sucks too.

1  Thank Mahua C