“Nice Place”

Courtyard San Mateo Foster City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Foster City
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here after a week trip to Yosemite before flying home. It was a nice hotel. Nice pool and hot tub. Convenient for flying out of the San Francisco Airport as it is about 10 miles and only took about 15 minutes (early Saturday departure) to get to the airport. No charge for parking either. We needed more towels than what was provided and they accommodated us very quickly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear nomorcamping:
Thank you for posting your response on TripAdvisor. I hope your camping trip to Yosemite was a great one. I consider Yosemite one of the top 10 wonders of the world. I am very happy that we provided a comfortable hotel and with quick responses to your requests. Have a great summer and come and visit us soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family stayed here for one night at end of trip to Yosemite. As an older property, it actually has a courtyard, which I find charming. The courtyard is beautifully landscaped and includes a fireplace. The interior spaces, including guest rooms, have been updated and are lovely. The hotel is in a nice, mixed use area. There are a few restaurants within walking distance, as well as a waterfront park.

• Stayed: June 2013
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear GatorMills:
Thank you very much for your input on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to know that we met/exceeded your expectation. This is a beautiful property, as you mentioned, our fireplace is very popular in the evenings with guests sitting around and having cocktails and food. Our new concept, the lobby and the rooms, has been well received by our guests.
Thanks again for your comments and have wonderful summer.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked through Priceline and stayed for two nights:
*stuff is friendly.
*good neighborhood. enough space for parking.
*wifi works good.

No free breakfast and not even coffee. There is a Starbucks on the first floor next to reception. So you have to buy your own coffee/breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank goccmm
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear goccmm:
Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. We value our guests' responses and use them as a way to improve our product and services. The hotel does not provide complimentary coffee in the lobby, but our rooms are supplied with coffee maker, regular coffee and decaffeinated. We also have packages on the weekend that offer breakfast with your stay. Those packages are available on our Marriott.com and most of our 3rd party valued partners.
Once again, thank you for your response and have a wonderful and joyful summer.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Chose Courtyard Marriott Foster City because of the close proximity to San Francisco International Airport. Our flight was scheduled to arrive after midnight and due to bad weather made it to the hotel after 3. Ready to hit the sack - our check in was quick and the up beat personality of the front desk customer representative put us in a better mood after the long flight. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. There are good restaurants across the street. Quiet street and close to the main freeway (101). Highly recommended for business related travel specially if you need to be close to the airport. Will surely be back.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Ina O:
Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We know how busy our guests are and to make time and write a review, means a great deal for our hotel. Flight delays definitely add a lot of stress to our busy schedules. I am very happy to hear that your hotel experience during check-in was quick and with a smile.
Once again, thank you for your time and have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stay here occasionally when on business in the area. Always a great experience. Staff is very helpful. Rooms are always clean and comfortable. Refrigerator in the room is a bonus plus it was very quiet. Restaurant has good breakfast options. Small workout room can get crowded. Easy walk to Starbucks, Noah's Bagels, and other quick restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Annie2795:
On behalf of our team, I like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Your subject line "Comfortable, clean, and great service" says it all. Our hotel leaders work very hard to do just what you mentioned above. We always look at our guests' feedbacks and adjust our product and services accordingly. We meet with our team on weekly basis and share with them the reviews that come from different sites and we put action plans to address those comments/recommendations.
Once again, thank you for your kind words and looking forward to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here for the Maker Faire weekend. This is a very nice hotel and in a great location. The staff was very friendly. The room was a nice size and comfortable. If I had to find one thing to complain about, it would be the bed, I think just adding a pillow top or some kind of mattress cover would make it even better. The curtains do a great job of keeping the morning light out. The shower was decent. The lobby is a great place to have a drink and relax before heading out. There is a nice courtyard with a fireplace to relax by after a day of walking around MF and downtown SF. We missed the chance to try any of the food they served, as they were closed by the time we got around to getting down there, so we headed across the street to Noah's to have breakfast. There are several options for food nearby. We didn't get a chance to use the pool or spa but it looked great. I would stay again...maybe next year.

Room Tip: Next time I will ask for a Courtyard room with a balcony. Our room was fine, no one next to us or a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear msfrankfour:
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor. It is absolutely our pleasure to be one of the host hotels for the Maker Faire event. Our team looks forward to see most of the familiar faces every year as this event is now part of our local tradition. As I was reading your comments, I noticed your feedback about the mattress top. I am very happy to announce that the hotel is in process of adding new cover top that is beautifully designed to complement our decor. The project should be completed by end of July 2013. Once again, thank you for your review and have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Think this is a mostly a business travellers hotel as pretty far from SF itself and not a huge amount nearby. Having said that, it was a 5 min walk from the office I was in, and a 2-min drive from a retail park, which included some ok chain restaurants & a Target, so for a working visit, location ideal.

The staff were immensely helpful - I had just arrived off a flight from London and at check-in, I was asked if I wanted a drink - I asked for sparkling water, which they didn't have in the fridge but they insisted on going off and finding some for me. Also, they were really helpful with any questions I had about the area, driving times, directions etc. and there is also a big touch screen TV in the lobby with traveller information.

The rooms were great - strong water pressure, nice toiletries, large flat screen TV which could swivel between the sofa (-bed) and the bed and a really comfy bed. They were also a really good size, though might feel a little crowded if you filled to capacity (4 people, I think).

I didn't use the pool or gym - these were small but looked servicable. Didn't use the "restaurant" either - I think this would be pretty much a last resort as there didn't seem to be much choice, but I don't think that's a problem given the other places nearby.

You won't go here for the views - I overlooked an office block - but as a hotel for business travel, I thought it was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear LorriC:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. I actually was at the desk when you just arrived and wanted a bottle of sparkling water. We did not have it in our market, but I was able to locate one from our Bistro. This actually prompted us to carry sparkling water in our market place. The hotel is a beautiful place to come and conduct business and enjoy a quiet weekend with family. The indoor pool, whirlpool, outdoor fire pit and exercise facility are all designed to provide comfortable and memorable experience during your stay. Our Bistro restaurant will provide healthy sandwiches and even make your favorite Starbucks beverages 24/7. Our team is eager to provide you exceptional service during your stay.
Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to serve you during your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Foster City
Pullman San Francisco Bay
Pullman San Francisco Bay
#1 of 17 in Redwood City
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo

Been to Courtyard San Mateo Foster City? Share your experiences!