Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night after a visit to San Francisco as I had an early flight out the next day and wanted to avoid the rush hour traffic. Booked on basis of reviews here and free shuttle bus to airport/nearby mall.
Lobby is lovely, but first room I was allocated was a huge let down and not like those pictured on the website. It was old and needed refurbishment with peeling wallpaper, patched celing, chipped furniture and an odd smell. Bedlinen, however, was new and clean. Asked to be moved to an executive level room or one that had been renovated and my request was granted without discussion or question- I was moved to a newer room in the new wing which is as pictured on the internet and has PC and more modern decor. Much nicer. My advice is to ensure that you are allocated one of these rooms...otherwise I would stay elsewhere. (There was a modern Hilton Garden Inn across the street that looked nice from the outside, and shared the Crowne Plaza shuttle.)
You will have to call the hotel to arrange a pick up from the airport. The bus returns to the airport on the hour from 6 a.m. onwards, but note that the schedule to the mall is very limited and has a last pickup of 5.45pm (and the driver was late on both the out and return trips). Not very impressive.
I would only choose to stay here again if I was guaranteed one of the new rooms, otherwise I would look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Foster City-San Mateo is the leading event destination with16,000 square feet of meeting space on the San Francisco Peninsula. Designed with a sky-lit atrium and innovative services for business and vacation, our Foster City hotel features contemporary-styled rooms and suites with luxury bedding, refrigerators, 37'' HDTVs and our Sleep Advantage Program. Enjoy lifestyle conveniences like our business center, complimentary Wi-Fi, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, and free shuttle to SFO. Savor California and Asian cuisine at our relaxing restaurants, including Café Florian and Toyko Village, and enjoy cocktails and nightlife at Clubhouse Bistro and the Chit Chat Lounge. Just 7 miles from San Francisco International Airport, we are minutes of Silicon Valley businesses and Bay Area attractions, golf courses, shopping centers and scenic coastal trails. We're less than 30 minutes from San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, Pier 39, Union Square and AT& T Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo Hotel Foster City
- Crowne Plaza San Francisco
- Peninsula Foster City
- Foster City Peninsula