I stayed at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Foster City in January 2009.
From the SFO airport you can take a shuttle bus directly to the hotel. It takes about 10 minutes, but it's a bit hard to find. You need to ask the information desk at the airport to point you to the right direction. Make sure you say Foster City, because there are several Crown Plaza's in the vicinity.
The hotel is very nice and located in a quite area. Just 2 minutes walk from the hotel there is a huge shopping complex complete with Target, Marshall’s, Staples, along with many restaurants. The area is quite safe and stores are open a bit later. The hotel also offers a complementary shuttle which runs every hour to one of the other main galleria malls.
The staff were very friendly and warm, and the room was very nice and spacious. If you are there on business, there a main floor bar which has different events every night.
The room service was over priced. For example a roast beef sandwich with a soda will run you $20 as there is a room service charge to the bill. It is better to eat out or go down to one of the restaurants.
This is a great hotel to stay for business and/or a short stay. Outside of the outlet malls there isn't much to do here if you don't have a car.
The business center would use some improvement, there are only 3 people that can be in there at once, and it reminded me of Dilbert with the cramped workspace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Foster City-San Mateo is the leading event destination with16,000 square feet of meeting space on the San Francisco Peninsula. Designed with a sky-lit atrium and innovative services for business and vacation, our Foster City hotel features contemporary-styled rooms and suites with luxury bedding, refrigerators, 37'' HDTVs and our Sleep Advantage Program. Enjoy lifestyle conveniences like our business center, complimentary Wi-Fi, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, and free shuttle to SFO. Savor California and Asian cuisine at our relaxing restaurants, including Café Florian and Toyko Village, and enjoy cocktails and nightlife at Clubhouse Bistro and the Chit Chat Lounge. Just 7 miles from San Francisco International Airport, we are minutes of Silicon Valley businesses and Bay Area attractions, golf courses, shopping centers and scenic coastal trails. We're less than 30 minutes from San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, Pier 39, Union Square and AT& T Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo Hotel Foster City
- Crowne Plaza San Francisco
- Peninsula Foster City
- Foster City Peninsula