Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Los Prados Hotel(San Mateo)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hillsdale Inn(San Mateo)
View Hotel
All reviewsexecutive towerairport shuttlefree parkingbusiness stayroom servicerooms are nicefree breakfastupon checksfolobbyihggymbeddingcalifornia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is not the Ritz, so not fair to expect too much. The experience was fine and what one should expect for a Crowne Plaza. Just a tad expensive at $229! Good size room, good value breakfast + food in the facilities. Very (too) small fitness room. Weak water pressure. Good repair/shape. Lots of parking. It is what it is; "average".

Room Tip: There is a highway along the west side, so aim for a room looking east Perhaps avoid the 4th floor near the fitness area (which is open-air!).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaFC, Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear John H.,
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the service and dining options you were able to experience at our hotel. Thank you for your review and please visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

While I did read the reviews, I decided to give this place a shot. It was close to work after all. Boy I really should have reconsidered. While the entry way and check in process were easy; once I got in my room and settled for bed, I wasn't thrilled. There was no temperature control and while I fiddled with the thermometer to no avail, I called the front desk. They really couldn't offer much with the well we have other rooms. I sucked it up and hoped they'd have it taken care of by the next day. NOPE. I called the front desk and asked for a fan, and the guy said let me look. HE NEVER CALLED BACK, and I didn't get my fan.

In terms of cleanliness, it was an eh. There was a blonde hair in my sink (Not blonde) and a random bobby pin on the floor, also not mine. Just overall disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaFC, Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear J0J021,

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your recent stay. We are sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation regarding the thermometer, temperature of the guestroom as well as not following up with you. We will review this with our Front Office and ensure you it will not be repeated for you and other future guests. We hope you will give us another chance and choose our Hotel in your next business visit. Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just went for my sisters cheer competions and its really nice on outside but in the rooms not too good. Beds are extremely small, only 2 people can get breakfast (which is good only 10am) people were yelling at 12am ugh and pool was so packed and noisy. Never again will I go back.

• Stayed: June 2013
CrownePlazaFC, Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Meggers1992,

We apologize for your recent stay and thank you for your review! We enjoy holding various types of groups like cheer competitions. Based on types of groups, room rates are typically discounted and breakfast is limited per room. Otherwise, breakfast is available for every guest in the hotel from 6am-10am. We thank you for staying with us and hope you do visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Foster City for business and it was a real treat being here. The shuttle from the airport was completely free and almost on time to the minute which was impressive as there are about 10 different hotel shuttles coming and going from the airport stop where you wait. Some advice is not to be super early as all that you will do is wait with a bunch of impatient people and get a little chilly in the evening air. Pay close attention to the markings on the shuttles though and look for the one that says Crowne Plaza Foster City (there are a couple of Crowne Plaza's). The room was great and had all the amenities I needed. The in room TV was a pain to use as it had no guide showing you what was on just a list of channel numbers and their affiliation, not a list of what was actually on at a specific time. I could not change the channel with the ch up and down but only using the numbers on the often un-responsive remote. On power off the TV also defaults back to the menu that pitches on demand movies etc and you have to find the right choice to get out of this menu to find regular TV channels. As I mentioned though this is minor gripe. The ambiance of the hotel is very nice once inside with a glass elevator and a nice waterfall feature with a faux coy fish pond. There is an excellent sports bar/restaurant with outstanding food and great appetizer and drink specials before 6:00pm. There is also a nice Sushi restaurant that I didn't try but looked good and very authentic inside, a breakfast restaurant and coffee place that serves Starbucks all inside the hotel. Be careful with the breakfast restaurant as it was only available for the buffet and it was a $20 meal, delicious but very over priced. If you are not a big breakfast person just get a coffee and muffin from the coffee bar before heading out. One nice feature about this hotel is that everything can be charged to your room and just paid at checkout. It is only about 2 blocks from a nice shopping common with a great Sports Authority store. The hot tub and pool are conveniently located as well and were a nice evening relaxation. One thing I maybe wouldn't suggest is staying here if you are planning to visit the city with limited time to do so as it was much further away than I had anticipated and could be an expensive commute. I was there in April and the weather offered a beautiful morning run along the coast to crashing waves. A good choice if you have business in San Mateo or Foster City for sure. I cannot comment on the price as this was taken care of for me but the service was excellent and the staff super friendly and helpful. I would surely be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lybby

Dear Lybby,

Thank you for your detailed review! Your advice and recommendations regarding all our hotel amenities are valuable to future guests as well as our employees. They will serve as things we can improve on as a team. Once again, thank you for your detailed review and we look forward to your next stay in the near future!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed over night here and needed some advice about where to eat. The staff gave me numerous great recommendations. The hotel was very clean and well-maintained. I happened to forget an item in my room and the manager was very helpful in insuring it was promptly and safely returned to me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephanie B
CrownePlazaFC, Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Stephanie B.,
Thank you for review regarding the Lost & Found department and your overall stay at our Hotel. We value your opinions and hope you will stay with us again in the near future. Once again, thank you for your kind review!