We went to the Bay Area over Labor Day weekend- meeting my daughter and her family there. Since she has young kids the indoor pool was an important factor in choosing this hotel. We stayed in the executive tower which is seperate so had no noise issues related to the ballroom- although there were functions there -- we couldnt hear them. The pool and jacuzzi were good although on monday morning they closed the pool for renovations-- would have been nice to just finish up the long weekend and then start the renovations-- we had a disapointed little guy ready to swim! The walls are a little thin and we could hear mumbled conversation from the room next door. Other than that it was fine-- pretty standard-- nothing exceptional and nothing horrible either-- we were happy with the room, the value, the location ( San Mateo has many great parks with some great play areas!) and it was an easy drive into San Francisco for a day trip. We also had an option of taking the free hotel shuttle to the airport and the BART into the city from there--- we didnt do that becasue of the young kids but it would be a fine option with older kids or adults. There is a large outdoor mall area within very close walking it has a target, toys r us, bed bath beyond and more- also several resturaunts-- all within about a 3 minute walk. We found that to be very handy. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Foster City-San Mateo is the leading event destination with16,000 square feet of meeting space on the San Francisco Peninsula. Designed with a sky-lit atrium and innovative services for business and vacation, our Foster City hotel features contemporary-styled rooms and suites with luxury bedding, refrigerators, 37'' HDTVs and our Sleep Advantage Program. Enjoy lifestyle conveniences like our business center, complimentary Wi-Fi, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, and free shuttle to SFO. Savor California and Asian cuisine at our relaxing restaurants, including Café Florian and Toyko Village, and enjoy cocktails and nightlife at Clubhouse Bistro and the Chit Chat Lounge. Just 7 miles from San Francisco International Airport, we are minutes of Silicon Valley businesses and Bay Area attractions, golf courses, shopping centers and scenic coastal trails. We're less than 30 minutes from San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, Pier 39, Union Square and AT& T Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo Hotel Foster City
- Crowne Plaza San Francisco
- Peninsula Foster City
- Foster City Peninsula