“OK dim sum place”

ABC Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
ABC Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 62 Restaurants in Foster City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shell Blvd
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Dim sum served partly by menu, partly by cart. Wait staff took a long time to refill our teapots. Dim sum had stronger flavors than I'm used to at other Cantonese dim sum places. It did get quite crowded as the lunch hour progressed. Nothing spectacular, but easy parking in a shopping mall near the freeway.

There are newer reviews for ABC Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We came here for seafood on Thanksgiving and our waiter was rude and impatient, even rolling his eyes once. We could hardly understand him and they have a large menu and naturally we had questions. We asked for another server at the front desk and were told we could not have one because he was one of the owners. I will not support an establishment when the owners act like this. CHOOSE ELSEWHERE!!

1  Thank Viola s
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've been here now 3 times, My first try for a dim sum lunch during a weekday (Monday). My second time was for a wedding banquet. My third time was for Dim Sum for 14 on Sunday.

I've been impressed now each time with the food quality. The food each time all came out hot, the tastes were all clean, not greasy, and really well done. My favorite dim sum was one they called "Phoenix Eye" which was a spicy steamed dumpling with shrimp that unfortunately was so difficult to get out of the steamer, it literally fell apart. But the taste was terrific and easily one of the best new dim sum dishes I've had recently.

The wedding banquet food was excellent, from fish, to crab, to the appetizers and desert. We were stuffed to the gills and very pleased with the quality.

Service is normally quick and friendly but, depending on when you go, can be a bit slow and has not been the friendliest--sometimes I think that the waitstaff is a bit overextended at times and too busy to be friendly.

Decor has always been very nice; classy and clean.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a party of 8 and was lucky to get a table on a Saturday night without a reservation. Unfortunately, there was a wedding celebration and we were seated in the same room. Food was slow to come out and the waiters seemed to be rushed. Food was ok though.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you are in the San Mateo Area, this is one of the better places for dim sum. On the weekend it can become quite busy, but if you are there between 11:00-11:45 am, you chance of getting a table right away is fairly good. The pricing for dim sum is about average. While the resturant looks very modern, the service is typical Chinese with a large portion of the waiter staff that speaks very little English and just do their business without a smile.
I normally come here on weekends for their dim sum, and as a guest at several banquets in which the resturant excelled in putting on. But for the normal dinners, while the food is still quite good, I usually to to other local Chinese resturants for a different style of cooking.