“Tokie's”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We had dinner here with friends last December. It was our first visit in many years. The restaurant was full, as I remember it always was. I had soup and sushi, my wife had soup, salad and salmon teriyaki. It was excellent, better than I remembered, and better the the other local Japanese retaurants I've dined at.

1  Thank Robertke1393

Reviewed August 31, 2014

The sushi is fresh and excellent. There are 4 sushi chefs including Akira san and Victor san. Victor is the owner. The ambiance is enjoyable.

The sushi is excellent, on true sushi rice, with a touch of wasabi appropriately between fish and rice, and the nori is great. If you ask the chef to make when he thinks best, you will not be disappointed.

There is a good selection of traditional and innovative maki.

As a sake affectionado, I am never disappointed at Tokie's.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

To me, Tokie's is the Japanese restaurant in the Bay Area. It is authentic. The owner still prepares the food. The receptionist is friendly and the servers are friendly.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife and I went here on a recommendation from a few of our friends. We were not impressed, compared to other Sushi places we have been. We were placed in a booth, no problem. We were waited on a female server who had very limited English speaking skills. We ordered our food, but were not impressed with the portions for the price of menu item. We would not go back based on this experience. Others love it. We could not find that to be true for us. Sorry.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Food ranges from good to very good! Service is warm and friendly! However, the restaurant is somewhat overrated- certainly not the best restaurant in Foster City. Matter of fact Shiki is quite better- foodwise!