“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fortuna
Auburn, Washington
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stopped here because Best Western in Eureka wanted ridiculous prices for the night. what a neat place. The staff was wonderful and gave us a great rate and a jacuzzi in the room to go with it. The rooms were excellent and this is a true Best Western PLUS. We have found so many BW that say their a plus and really are a joke. If you want a true BW Plus then head for this one and save some money. Will always be stopping here on our trips down or up the coast. Check the pictures for the room with the jacuzzi. For once the pictures are real and not from 10 years ago.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Merced, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is one of my favorite Best Western's , it is in a great area, I always stay on business but this time was leisure. The staff is great, the rooms are great and the breakfast in the morning is very satisfying.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Forbes, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm a tour operator that's been in business 30 years. Our company brought a motor coach group of senior citizens to this property. I prepaid the group room block a few weeks prior to our arrival so to keep my over-the-road expenses down. They had my credit card information, front and back copy of the credit card and a copy of my driver's license on file. But prior to our arrival they placed a "hold" on the card. This inconsiderate business policy of theirs tied up nearly $2000 of my credit limit on my business card. When I contacted them about this, I was told "It was a damage deposit that only affected a couple of rooms and would drop off the day they check out", according to Katy, the assistant manager! Not true. Good grief, This hold was over 3/4 of the entire bill for all 27 rooms and 48 seniors and was still there several days later! The only way I could have it removed quickly was to contact our credit card company and do a conference call to remove it. This took over 3/4 of an hour on the phone. Travel companies and group tours looking to book with BW Country Inn need to be cautious. This waste of time and poor business practice is crazy since they have the credit card info on file should there have been any damage or stolen items from any of the rooms. With the economy these days, most hotels are thrilled to see tourism coming back.... maybe except for the BW Country Inn in Fortuna, California. Coming from a "Minnesota Nice" state....we will not return to this property.

Diane @ Happy Trails Tours, Minnesota

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Diane O
sharrie310, Manager at BEST WESTERN Country Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I was happy to hear from all of your tour clients that they really enjoyed their stay at our hotel but sorry to find out how unhappy you were. We always try to do our best to make things run as smoothly as possible. Unfortunately that is not always the case. I share your frustration on bank practices of holding funds once the business has released them. Since everything is done by computers these days the only way that we can get them to overide the computer and release authorizations is for us to give them the authorization numbers that we have already released. For your protection they will only allow us to do this with your verbal permission while on the line with us. Hopefully this is a practice they will correct as more people complain about them holding funds for 7-14 days after a business releases these credit card authorizations. We truly hope that in the future you will give us the opportunity to show you how much we appreciate your business.

Sharrie Larson
Best Western Country Inn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here while on a motorcycle trip. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I had been staying at different hotels around the state all week. This was the BEST stay of my week. I was very pleased with my room. Super clean! One thing I really was impressed with was; the TV remote had been cleaned and put in a sleeve which said so. I have been wondering when a hotel was going to start that. Bravo!! Bed was super comfortable. I will stay here again for sure. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
North Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Fortuna is near the bigger city of Eureka. Though there may be more choices in Eureka, I prefer this town and this hotel. It's quieter, friendlier, and easier to access from 101. It's pet-friendly which helps and the inside pool is a welcome relaxer. The breakfast is sufficient, but not elaborate. If you need more, there is a restaurant a block away

• Stayed September 2013
Northern California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a very nice hotel out of the way of the freeway. My stay was over 2 weeks and a holiday weekend, so I experienced the full range of summer business for this establishment. What I found was that the breakfast was ready each morning, most before before the advertised time. This was very welcome to me as a business person starting early in the morning. The breakfast although very good, could use a little more variety, maybe add potatoes a day a week or so? Some truck noise was evident, but I accustomed to that and it was not constant. My room was an accessible room, so was of adequate size. The curved shower curtain allows water to go on the room floor. The location is good for being quiet, there is limited restaurants and convenience store close by. All in all a very comfortable accommodation. I would return here on business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Warren, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Bright lights outside our neat and clean second floor end room window intruded; the other choice: drawing curtains and waking (usually later) in a dark room. The breakfast was quite good; space in which to eat was limited on the holiday weekend of our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fortuna
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayshore Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Humboldt Bay Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Eureka
Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA
The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Country Inn? Share your experiences!