“Great Breakfast Stop”

Ridge Top Cafe and Coffee Barn
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Fortuna
Reviewed July 31, 2018

We stopped here for breakfast (7-19-18) on our way north. Could not have been happier. Fairly busy (indication of good eats), but food came in a reasonable time. Wait staff were pleasant and efficient. My omelette was very good, I think the local, fresh eggs DO make a difference. We go this way about 4 times a year and will definitely plan to stop in again. Local farmers/farmhands wolfing down huge plates of food is worth the price of admission!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed March 3, 2018

I'd been hearing about the Ridge Top and had seen a couple print ads, so when we happened to pass through we decided to give it a try. Warning, the parking is limited and a bit tricky. There were plenty of tables and was roomier than it appeared from the outside. We were greeted right away and told to choose a table. The server was busy, but got us a menu and drinks right away. I choose a burger and added mushrooms and carmelized onions for a small additional charge. My husband ordered eggs benedict. The burger was local beef, so juicy it was running over my hands. The kind you don't put down. It was cooked beautifully. My husband's benny was well prepared and he ate every bite, It had seemed a bit pricey to me, but, worth every cent, and after comparing around, it really wasn't so far off the mark. It was filling and very good. We have attempted to go again but haven't hit the parking right. We will keep trying.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2016

We stopped in while in Fortuna for car show! The waitress were dressed in 60's style, and very quick to see that we were seated properly. Bloody Mary's were quickly delivered, and the food was very tasty. They make and sell Beef jerkey, the best we have ever tasted!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 31, 2016

The first meal we had here after they opened was excellent. The next couple of breakfasts were good and then things went downhill. The last time I dined there the pancakes were burned but they tried to hide it by turning the burned side down. When I complained, the manager made excuses. Haven't been back since.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

Had a wonderful breakfast this morning. Food was so tasty and great service. Love what did with the old building.

Date of visit: August 2016