“A nice surprise”
Review of L's Kitchen

L's Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Fortuna
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The decor is little dated, but you don't eat decor. The food was quite tasty, using a lot of local ingredients, and reasonably priced. The service was quick and efficient. It was much better than we had expected for such a small town.

There are newer reviews for L's Kitchen

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We read wonderful reviews about this place. Mostly about breakfast. I ordered there special which was fried cod. My husband ordered chicken fried steak. My fish tasted like there was water in the fish and my husband said the gravy was way to peppery. I hate to send things back or complain. In this case I should of. Also the girl who took care of us seemed like she didn't want to be there. She also rudely asked me why we were here in fortuna. I was shocked by her remark. I answered on vacation. She told us she wants to get out of this town. Wow that was weird.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had breakfast with my family (six of us) last March, though they eat there regularly. The service was prompt and the food was quite good. For such a small place, getting us served all about the same time was a feat. Friendly atmosphere; just what you should expect in a small town. There are two really good places for breakfast in Fortuna, and L's is one of them, if not THE best.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We just moved to Fortuna although we have visited many times. I don't know how we missed this gem! Dinner on a cold Thursday night was wonderful, I had a shrimp fettuccini and my husband had a burger. Both meals were excellent, our server was very friendly and helpful. They make their own Blue Cheese dressing and it is very good. The atmosphere is cozy and warm very friendly and welcoming. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Having only been here once, I'm giving L's Kitchen the benefit of the doubt at 4 stars but 3 1/2 is more like it. Let me elaborate-the service was great, loved our server, she helped me select my breakfast basing it on portion. I got the 'mess' which was eggs, hash browns, bacon, cheese all cooked and mixed together-sounds weird but it was pretty good, not great. It came with your choice of bread (English muffin, toast etc) and I got the biscuit. It was heavy and really needed more salt in the mix. On the plus side, I had enough food for two more servings at home after I tossed the biscuit. The décor was like eating at Grandma's house-no judgment here, just an observation. It was busy on this Saturday morning and the staff seemed to know the customers, a good sign. I'll definitely try it again.

1  Thank Angela3950