“Generous portions but...”

Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Fortuna
Eureka, California, United States
“Generous portions but...”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Having only been here once, I'm giving L's Kitchen the benefit of the doubt at 4 stars but 3 1/2 is more like it. Let me elaborate-the service was great, loved our server, she helped me select my breakfast basing it on portion. I got the 'mess' which was eggs, hash browns, bacon, cheese all cooked and mixed together-sounds weird but it was pretty good, not great. It came with your choice of bread (English muffin, toast etc) and I got the biscuit. It was heavy and really needed more salt in the mix. On the plus side, I had enough food for two more servings at home after I tossed the biscuit. The décor was like eating at Grandma's house-no judgment here, just an observation. It was busy on this Saturday morning and the staff seemed to know the customers, a good sign. I'll definitely try it again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Angela3950

Eureka, California
“Nice and right in town”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We're new to the area and always looking for new place to try. L's is in what looks to be a older home. Very charming exterior. It could be easy to drive right past it, but don't! I'm glad we popped in and tried lunch. Some had written about the clutter on the walls, but they must have taken it down because it looked nice and neat. There are small tables with comfy chairs. Our waitress made us feel very welcome. It seems to be a "locals" place but we felt right at home. We started with salads. Nice and fresh and I really recommend the blue cheese dressing...full of cheese! For lunch I had the tuna melt and it was yummy! Not too much mayo. Nice glass of wine at a great price ($3)! They look pretty busy for weekend breakfast, so we'll try that next!

• Visited November 2013
Eastern Washington
“Surprise find”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

It can be hard to find a good dinner spot in a small town on a Sunday night, but we came across this hometown gem on the edge of downtown. Although it seems to be primarily a neighborhood spot decorated with local photos, we found an ambitious menu, good food and a friendly staff.

Visited October 2013
California
“Good Food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

L's Kitchen has good food with a home made feel. The staff is happy and right there to make your eating experience a great one. The blue cheese dressing is made fresh daily and has to be tried on an always fresh salad. It is my go to place to eat when I want fresh food at a great price. Try it once and you will go back , for sure.

• Visited September 2013