All reviews front desk two room suite large family the river would stay here again scrambled eggs the breakfast area two queen beds hot breakfast nice stay road trip pastries biscuits and gravy gas station staff was friendly clean rooms great breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

I've been here before but never during the winter months. Summer... last year... I had a good time but would rate the motel four stars at that time. I believe my past week here had been better since the cordial staff impressed me. I am not one to be easily impressed as it applies to quality. I won't go into specifics but everything during my stay actually made me feel as if I was HOME. The breakfasts filled the void; staff encouraged me to take fruit to my room, cleaning and providing the essentials such as fresh sheets & pillow cases outstanding! The bathroom had fresh towels; other hygienic products, coffee/tea and condiments. I am watching a brand new Panasonic TV FLAT SCREEN with a very sensitive yet worthy reliable remote control. Lighting in room . Heater on high works . Closet space should be sufficient for light luggage travellers. I am on the third floor; non smoking, King Size Bed very comfortable! I heard children playing earlier but all quiet now at 9:50 PM. I had the best sleep here. I've been traveling since 25 May 2018. I highly recommend this motel five . Motel clerk Kelsey is one of the best swing shift front desk clerks I ever met during my intinerary. I recommend reserving a room here. I believe the fresh smells in my room remind me when I was younger surrounded by my perfectionists... grandmas. My grandmothers always kept their homes very clean and loved to cook as well as bake. In one word I will add to describe Comfort Inn & Suites... SPECTACULAR.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
David C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Redwood Country, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Dear LightPacker,

Thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel! We appreciate all guest feedback, as it allows us to know what we are doing well and what we should consider changing to improve the experience for everyone who chooses to come stay with us. Input from patrons like you has helped us to become the highest ranking Comfort Inn in California!

Thanks for helping!

We look forward to your next visit with us so that we can again prove that we are committed to guest satisfaction!

Reviewed December 28, 2018

I looked at my credit card bill and there was an additional $75 charge. I called and the clerk said they charged me for 3 missing pillows. I told him we did not take any pillows. For 4 days now I have been trying to get a call back from a manager to resolve this. Ridiculous.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2018

The Comfort Inn in Fortuna is pretty much what you expect from the chain. We had a king suite room, very large and comfortable. The property was clean and the staff friendly. There was a bit of road noise but nothing excessive. The breakfast was the usual fare, very formulaic. The room had a table computer (nice touch) and there were ample bath linens. Overall, a solid choice.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Ignatius,

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Wanted to send this review to say thank you to Margarita!! She is the night desk clerk at this location!! We came out from the Bay Area looking forward to camping and got lost on the way Margarita went above and beyond to help us have a safe place to say after we sent the entire day driving lost looking for our camp site we where short on funds and waiting for a deposit to go through she made us feel very very welcome during a tuff time and was helpful she even printed directions for our camp site the next morning Big thumbs up to margarita and to this comfort inn clean and great breakfast as well I will make comfort inn a destination during my travels in the future because of the experience we had at this location,!Margarita say awesome you will go along way!!!!! #payitforward!!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank btpetree
Comfort Inn For... F, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Redwood Country, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Dear btpetree,

Kind regards,

Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 11, 2018

This hotel was very comfortable and very clean
The young gentleman at the front desk went out of his way for me looking for that grilled cheese sandwich, I hope he gets to try it.
The bed was comfortable and the pillows to die for, wish I knew what kind they were.
Breakfast was very nice and tasty

Room tip: I am sure any room is great there isn't any noisy establishments near it
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Comfort Inn For... F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Redwood Country, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Dear Sandy,