See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2016

First off I made reservations on line for 1 room, 3 people, 2 beds. We got there and the clerk was very rude, then went to the room where there was just one bed, went back up to the office to tell them the mistake and they said it would be an additional amnt for a rollaway bed and another person $110. We had no choice as it was the only room in town. We got into the room when 2 minutes later they moved us to another room with 2 beds. We got 2 small towels, the carpets were filthy and the air conditioning consisted of a fan nailed to the wall. The remote was broke and the room smelled so bad we left the window open all night. The whole place is gross and over priced, they will rip you off if they can and don't believe the free Wi-Fi sign. the Wi-Fi does not work.

Room tip: There is no best room here.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed April 3, 2015

I am so glad they canceled our reservation after seeing all the terrible reviews. We had a reservation to stay here as we were traveling from San Fran. We called to double check our reservation thank god. We let them know we would be arriving about 10 pm and were double checking that that would be ok. NOPE!! They canceled our reservation because 10pm was to much of an inconvenient time for them to check someone in. The fact you are still open and haven't been shut down from your reviews is shocking

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sean B
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is what happens when you make a last minute reservation from a cell phone screen without checking reviews because you don't have your glasses on... You get an airless motel room in a dodgy area that hasn't been updated in decades. If it had been $45 a night, I might have understood, but for $88 a night I would have appreciated it if they had cleaned out the coffee maker from the last guest and if the hair dryer had actually worked and..... Well, you get the picture.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank RedMustang56
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife and I wanted to get away for a day or so and go to the coast. She used Booking.com to get a room at this motel. On booking.com it states pets are allowed by request. My wife saw pets are allowed and kept on reading. When she got to the motel to check in the owner "yelled" at her for bringing a dog and told her that they didn't accept pets, (the dog was still in the car at this point) I could hear him yelling from my car with the windows up and the door to the motel closed. Why yell, why be disrespectful to someone over something that hasn't taken place? This man should not be dealing with the public in any way, shape or fashion. To top it off the place is filthy, the furniture is not usable and the floors need to be ripped out. I wouldn't have let my dog sleep on the floor in that place. In all honesty if we hadn't found another place to stay at the last minute sleeping in the car would have been better than the treatment we got from The Travel Inn Fortuna. Never, ever for any reason stop at this garbage dump where the dirty floors and chairs are cleaner than the owners language. This ruined our trip, we cut it short and came home early.

Room tip: There isn't a good room, stay as far away as possible. Finding any place but this is your best option.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Michael C
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Postives: Clean bed, clean shower/bathroom, free wifi, fairly quiet location

Negatives:
Every single piece of furniture in the rooms should really be taken to the dumpster - can't even sell this junk on CL. Dirty carpet.

Overall - I've been to worse places but this is not a place I'd use for anything other than a late arrival and early departure the next morning. No fitness center or swimming pool (not included in negatives/positives because I, personally, don't care if they have this or not).

Date of stay: October 2012