“great service”
Review of The Landmark Inn

The Landmark Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fort Irwin
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed at your hotel in June and I had excellent service while I was there. The front desk was very helpful and informative. The breakfast attendant Denise was very nice and friendly. As was the housekeeping staff. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank samantha i
Amanda M, General Manager at The Landmark Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2015

Dear Samantha I,

It's always a pleasure to know our guests received great service. Denise is a wonderful employee and it's great for our guests like you to notice the excellent work our staff provides. You recommendations are appreciated. We hope to see you on your next trip to Fort Irwin.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

From Ella Bolling-Harris, US ARMY RETIRED

I stayed at the Landmark from May 26-July 29, 2014. My job sent me out there from Fort Hood Army base to be the Acting Family Advocacy Program Manager. The hotel was great. The staff willness and helpfulness was great. Anytime I needed anything they were right there. I have no compliants. I stayed in one of the suites and I loved it. I watched the hotel being built in 2001 while station at Fort Irwin. I lived in the hotel From August 2005-December 2005 while waiting on housing with my family. Also stayed in the hotel in May of 2007. The hotel has made many changes to serve Soldiers and Family members. Breakfast is offer every morning, which is so welcoming to families. There is a play area out back for young child to play in, a sitting area to relax and read, and there is an area to grill up your favortie meats. yes it is the only option on Fort Irwin for lodging, but Thank the Lord the hotel is there, because without it families would have to drive 40 miles to Barstow. It might be the only option, but I believe it is a GREAT Option.

Room Tip: If you do not have children traveling with you try to get a room on the third floor. it will be quit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank aaw_me
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Fort Irwin's only option for lodging is the Landmark Inn. One must travel nearly an hour to Barstow or 70 mins to Lenwood for other lodging options. I stayed here for just over two weeks in June. The hotel has a decent breakfast which includes coffee, juice, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, and pastries. The rooms are clean and well kept by the cleaning staff. My room was at the end of the hall on the third floor and the water pressure was low. My room came with a small fridge. The laundry room has four washers and four dryers. All are a dollar to use. My biggest issue came from working night shift. I asked the front desk staff twice to have my room cleaned in the afternoon after I left for work but that never happened. Luckily, the cleaning staff came by my room late a few times which allowed them access to my room to clean. It would have been helpful if the word made it from the front desk to the cleaning staff so that my room was maintained more often. During a rotation this hotel is busy. If you're willing to drive two hours a day I'd stay in Barstow, but shift workers may opt to stay on post to mitigate driving tired.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed July 19, 2014

A very basic hotel - Days Inn or Motel 8 kind of place. I'm a frequent traveler, ex-military (stationed at Irwin many years ago), etc - so there's my bona-fides for the review. Breakfast was minimal, at best (no hot food, other than waffle mix). Seating was extremely limited. Room was spartan and cheaply furnished but clean. The old-school a/c unit sticking out of the wall sounds like a diesel truck idling in your room. Water-pressure practically non-existent. Obviously if you have business at Ft Irwin/NTC it beats driving to/from Barstow every day (a long drive) - about the only draw I can think of. They allow pets (good if you're a pet guy but all my team mates had pet hair in their carpets). The staff is reasonably helpful but it's an "Army" hotel - so "rugged" is about as good as you're going to get. Plenty of parking, though...

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank IntelCoach
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I just stayed for two nights as I was on the base due to business. The free wifi is fast and the free breakfast is hearty as well. The rooms could use updating but this the only short term lodging option on fort Irwin. I'd stay here again as it's preferable to staying overnight in barstow and driving in each day

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had such an amazing stay at The Landmark Inn Fort Irwin. I loved loved loved that my room was fully equipped with a mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave, so convenient. The beds were super comfy. Bathrooms and room itself were very clean. You get toiletries from Bath and Body Works Signature Collection, which I was impressed by but what topped it all was the customer service and complementary breakfast. I received excellent friendly service from Trish and Cynthia. Great quality assistance from Angie, Toni, and Chanel. Overall a great team here at The Landmark Inn Fort Irwin. I would definitely stay here again, did I mention they're kid friendly! My kids can't stop talking about they're experience here at The Landmark. They absouloutly loved it.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 2, 2014

RECOMMEND:
Ehh... Maybe. Just don't opt for the suite (Room 160). You will be greatly disappointed.

LOCATION:
Smack-dab in the middle of Fort Irwin.

STAFF:
Very friendly and helpful. No issues.

PRICE:
If booking a room for leisure (non-TDY/PCS), it is too expensive for what you get in return. I paid around $115 for a one-night stay in their suite. The other rooms were about $10 cheaper ($105). I opted for the suite because of my large family.

ROOM:
Suite?... Seriously?
Here's my biggest gripe... The pull-out couch!
If anyone in your party weighs more than 120-pounds, the bed WILL NOT support their weight. It has to be the WORST PULL-OUT COUCH I have ever used! In all seriousness, the couch was pathetic.
TIP: The front desk will offer you a roll-away bed. Take it! The roll-away bed is WAY BETTER!

BREAKFAST:
Not the greatest but definitely GOOD. I have to say that my favorite part of the breakfast experience was the outdoor dining. The courtyard is cool and shady in the early morning.

OVERALL:
Well, it's the ONLY show in town. There is no other hotel in the immediate area. Their only completion is 30-minutes south, in Barstow. If you want Fort Irwin convince, this is the winner... by default.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!