“The Best Inn on Fort Irwin!”
Review of The Landmark Inn

The Landmark Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fort Irwin
Lansing, Kansas
“The Best Inn on Fort Irwin!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I'm EZ, the rooms are quiet, clean and warm. Service was super friendly from everyone. WIFI screamed on my iPad. Breakfast was average, but met the Class I requirement. Complimentary cookies were a real treat with the always available fresh coffee. There are several restaurant venues within walking distance. Would I stay here again? You bet - beats Barstow ...

Room Tip: No recommendation here ...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Amanda M, Manager at The Landmark Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear gordiedavidson,

I'm happy to hear how wonderful our staff was to make your stay comfortable.The complimentary cookies are a big hit here at The Landmark Inn. We are always finding new ways to give back to our guests especially since every guest is away from home for a long period of time. What better way than to bring a home warming environment. Thank you for taking the time to provide your excellent comment. Safe travels and we will see you on your next trip to The Landmark Inn at Fort Irwin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Irwin, California
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stay at the Landmark inn frequently, and the staff always seems very happy to help and make your stay as nice as possible. The nice thing is that the management is continually trying to make the accommodations better, they have been updating the tv's, the beds ,the furniture. Had I wrote this review a few years ago it would not have been a good one, but everyone seems to be making the effort to make the Landmark better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Amanda M, General Manager at The Landmark Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are always happy to hear how great your stay was with us. From your review, I read you have stayed with us years ago. I'm glad you have noticed all the great changes we have made to the Landmark Inn on Fort Irwin. We are on a great path to meet our guests needs and accommadions.
Vicenza, Italy
Reviewed September 17, 2013

They do have the market cornered, but they were in the process of refubishing many of the rooms within the last year. There are gas grills, and a playground in the courtyard of the hotel. There is a business center, and a lobby area that they show movies and serve popcorn on weekend evenings. We stayed in a Family Suite for 10 days when we first PCSed in, and our visiting family stays there each time they visit.

For the value on post, and the other option being a 45 minute commute, you really can't complain.

Room Tip: You need to have some idea when the training rotations are coming through because rooms will book up...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ryan H
Fort Hood, Tx
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The furnishing were so outdated that I wondered which antique store provided them. The microwave had dials. The TV was 18 inches deep. The bed was the smallest I've seen in a hotel in the past 10 years. We were in Suite room that had a "kitchen". It had a microwave with dials (!?!), a mini fridge and a sink. It had no dishes or utensils. The soaps,shampoos and towels looked like they'd been stolen from Motel 6. All of this wouldn't have been a big issue if we hadn't had to pay the per diem rate. Just because they have a "captive" audience doesn't mean they should provide substandard accomodations. Free breakfast was tasty, but very limited hours.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
US
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had wanted to avoid staying here on our PCS to Fort Irwin this time because we had stayed here when we left Fort Irwin in '08 and it was pretty nasty. That time we were in a two bed room (first floor) and it was not very clean, fixtures were falling apart and they didn't have breakfast, though the daily rate was comparable to those mid priced hotels where a nice breakfast is served. Even the carpets in the halls were in need of a good vacuuming. BUT, fast forward to June 2013 and here we are in a suite, on the second floor. This room is clean, fixtures intact, plenty of room for our family of 5 for the 6 days until we move into our house. AND now they have breakfast! It isn't a feast, but they have waffles, fruit, cottage cheese, juice, hard boiled eggs, cereal, pastries, toast, English muffins. You get the picture. In any case it helps the wallet out a bit when having to eat out for a couple of weeks. The hotel is located next to Sam Adam's Grille and adjacent to the Town Center where they have Pizza Hut, Starbucks, Subway and a couple of other business'. A wonderful improvement since the last time we were stationed here. Over all we are very happy with our accommodations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2013

this hotel is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I understand its in the desert but the pest problem here is ridiculous. I checked into my room to find a huge cock roach in my bathtub. they claim to have free wifi but it doesn't even work. Everything is is outdated from the pictures to the wallpaper and tv's. The tv in my room was a big old tube tv with broken buttons and the channels don't even come in clear. it's definitely not worth the money. I'd rather stay in barstow and make the drive. also, the breakfast sucks. waffle maker was cool but boiled eggs? not sure who's running this place but they need to be fired!

• Stayed May 2013
Murrieta, CA
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been traveling professionally for the past nine years. I have had an extended stay at the Landmark. I have found the hotel to be clean and comfortable with perhaps the friendliest staff that I have met anywhere. They have been helpful as well. I would recommend the Landmark without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Don S

Been to The Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!