TripAdvisor

Reviewed December 29, 2017
SteveMino
Redding, CA
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

I would highly recommend this if you want to do some deep sea fishing while in Fort Bragg. We arrived early didnt have to wait long and the captain was showing us what to do. The captain (can not remember his name) and the deck hand Ryan were awesome. We had some rough seas with huge waves and they got us home safe and sound. They were very professional and helped my son and I who had never been deep sea fishing before today. We caught a couple fish but couldn't keep them. Even with that it was so much fun. I would highly recommend doing this with this company.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank triplover9876
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

My son and I booked a bottom fishing and crab combo trip. We didn’t spend a long time headed to some special place but started fishing within 40 minutes of leaving the dock. We picked up some lingcod and other rockfish very quickly. We spent an appropriate amount of time at each stop which was great that Capt. Danny kept moving. The deck hands (two) were on top of it and helped not only get the fish landed but also helped with rigging and snags.

The big bonus was the grab. Wonderful. They had planned to have us back by 3 p.m. but we hadn’t picked up enough crab the crew worked harder until we reached our limit! Instead of 3 pm, we headed for our car around 5:30 pm. A full and enjoyable day.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank SteveMino
Reviewed April 19, 2017

We chose Anchor Charter Service for our daughter's burial at sea after talking to several different services. They were very friendly and helpful. Captain and boat hand made the difficult experience memorable for the 20 people on the trip. Several people became ill with the choppy sea and they were right there to help out. The boat is well equipped too. I am deeply grateful.

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank otterinsac
Reviewed May 18, 2016

We were concerned about being at the end of whale watching but our observant crew located the whales and drifted along within view for a good while. We had a wonderful and exciting time, met other interesting people and thought it was well worth the money for a great two hour ocean boat ride in the open air.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank camerahorse
Reviewed April 1, 2016 via mobile

We are in Ft Bragg on vacation. My wife enjoys whale watching and I like to be on the ocean. This is a comfortable boat and they made every effort to show us whales including staying out an extra 30 minutes. Be sure to make reservations.

Date of experience: April 2016