Review Highlights
ALREADY PLANNING ANOTHER TRIP

My friend and I had a wonderful time. It was our first time deep sea fishing, and they were more... read more

Reviewed November 20, 2018
bregarl
via mobile
Exceeded our expectations

Reviewed December 29, 2017
SteveMino
Redding, CA
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

My son and I booked a bottom fishing and crab combo trip. We didn’t spend a long time headed to some special place but started fishing within 40 minutes of leaving the dock. We picked up some lingcod and other rockfish very quickly. We spent an appropriate amount of time at each stop which was great that Capt. Danny kept moving. The deck hands (two) were on top of it and helped not only get the fish landed but also helped with rigging and snags.

The big bonus was the grab. Wonderful. They had planned to have us back by 3 p.m. but we hadn’t picked up enough crab the crew worked harder until we reached our limit! Instead of 3 pm, we headed for our car around 5:30 pm. A full and enjoyable day.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank SteveMino
Reviewed April 19, 2017

We chose Anchor Charter Service for our daughter's burial at sea after talking to several different services. They were very friendly and helpful. Captain and boat hand made the difficult experience memorable for the 20 people on the trip. Several people became ill with the choppy sea and they were right there to help out. The boat is well equipped too. I am deeply grateful.

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank otterinsac
Reviewed May 18, 2016

We were concerned about being at the end of whale watching but our observant crew located the whales and drifted along within view for a good while. We had a wonderful and exciting time, met other interesting people and thought it was well worth the money for a great two hour ocean boat ride in the open air.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank camerahorse
Reviewed April 1, 2016 via mobile

We are in Ft Bragg on vacation. My wife enjoys whale watching and I like to be on the ocean. This is a comfortable boat and they made every effort to show us whales including staying out an extra 30 minutes. Be sure to make reservations.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed March 20, 2016

I called two hours before the trip and was accommodated. Weather was good, water was fairly smooth. We found a pod of whales right out of the harbor entrance and were on them for the entire trip. Captain circled to give the best view of the whales. Deck hand made sure everyone was seeing the whales. We saw breechings, spouts, and tails along with porpoises. Captain pointed out "footprints" so we knew approximately which way the whales were headed. They explained about mating and answered all questions. There were approximately 30 people so we were on the larger boat the Trek II.

As a note, my husband has also gone out on the Trek II for fishing and always returns with a limit of bottom fish.

We will definitely be back for both whale watching and fishing with Anchor Charter.

Date of experience: March 2016