Review Highlights
ALREADY PLANNING ANOTHER TRIP

My friend and I had a wonderful time. It was our first time deep sea fishing, and they were more... read more

Reviewed November 20, 2018
bregarl
via mobile
Awesome trip.

I would highly recommend this if you want to do some deep sea fishing while in Fort Bragg. We... read more

Reviewed June 27, 2018
triplover9876
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 18, 2016

We were concerned about being at the end of whale watching but our observant crew located the whales and drifted along within view for a good while. We had a wonderful and exciting time, met other interesting people and thought it was well worth the money for a great two hour ocean boat ride in the open air.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank camerahorse
Reviewed April 1, 2016 via mobile

We are in Ft Bragg on vacation. My wife enjoys whale watching and I like to be on the ocean. This is a comfortable boat and they made every effort to show us whales including staying out an extra 30 minutes. Be sure to make reservations.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed March 20, 2016

I called two hours before the trip and was accommodated. Weather was good, water was fairly smooth. We found a pod of whales right out of the harbor entrance and were on them for the entire trip. Captain circled to give the best view of the whales. Deck hand made sure everyone was seeing the whales. We saw breechings, spouts, and tails along with porpoises. Captain pointed out "footprints" so we knew approximately which way the whales were headed. They explained about mating and answered all questions. There were approximately 30 people so we were on the larger boat the Trek II.

As a note, my husband has also gone out on the Trek II for fishing and always returns with a limit of bottom fish.

We will definitely be back for both whale watching and fishing with Anchor Charter.

Date of experience: March 2016
3  Thank Lytes2c
Reviewed December 20, 2015

I've been fishing with Anchor Charter Boats for years and the guys there are great to go out with. The Ambush was recently re-powered and they are now doing trips to Point Arena and up to the Lost Coast. Richard and Echo always do their best to make sure that we come back with full sacks of quality fish and have a lot of fun while catching them.

When it is salmon season, the crews do their best to get us on the fish. Sometimes the fish aren't biting, but the guys make sure that we still have fun. Fishing is fishing, but it makes the day go by better if you are having a good time.

I've been out whale watching with them too. It is amazing that you can start seeing the whales within 5 minutes of leaving the dock. And we have managed to get very close to the whales without disturbing them. We've even seen dolphins and porpoises while we were out there.

If you want a great day fishing or whale watching, the guys on the Trek II and Ambush with Anchor Charter Boats will definitely make it happen.

Date of experience: September 2015