Ocean View Lodge
Super 8 Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$84
$57
North Cliff Hotel(Fort Bragg)
$209
Surf & Sand Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$179
$161
Hotels.com
Beach House Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$98
$189
$170
Hotels.com
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$141
$123
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$155
Travelocity
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$129
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$80
All reviewssecond floorwalking pathsitting areabit outdatedcan't beat the viewpicture windowmile traillarge pictureglass beachfloor roomsound of the wavesjacuzzi tubwatch the sunsetking suitelarge roomromantic getawaygas fireplace
Roseville, CA
Reviewed July 17, 2005

This is a great hotel in Fort Bragg, but it's a little pricey for what you get. There are no extras like continental breakfast, vending machines, internet access, etc. But the view is AWESOME! Spectacular sunsets await! You are just steps away from the beach. Bring your bike because the Old Haul road (no cars allowed) separates the hotel from the bluffs, and goes for miles along the coastline. You'll have no problem finding a secluded beach spot for you and your sweetie. I recommend the room with the whirlpool, it's a little more, but you'll be happy you have it.

• Stayed: July 2005
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 6, 2005

We were treated well, and loved the downstairs room we got for $99 per night. It is over sized because it has a little sitting room when you first enter, and then you step up to the bed area. Loved the FULL ocean view, and the little balcony. The room is comfortable and clean, and we never heard anyone else through the walls. I loved the quiet. I've been in more luxurious places, but not for that price. We were told up front about their "no children" policy for upstairs Jacuzi rooms. It has to do with liability, and I can understand totally. It isn't about not liking children.

13  Thank laurfar
Reviewed October 17, 2004

My husband and I had a wonderful weekend getaway, without the children, at the Ocean View Lodge. The rooms were very clean and luxurious, and the magnificent view and the sounds of the ocean was very romantic. I found the service to be outstanding.

For those who rated this hotel negatively due to a supposed intolerance for children should really take responsibility for where they choose to take their children. When I researched hotels for our getaway, I wanted a romantic room with a jacuzzi and fireplace--things that are not suitable for children. I was informed of the Lodge's policies about not allowing children in the whirlpool rooms when I called for information. This is not because of a "intolerance for children" but simply because of liability issues surrounding having kids near the whirlpools.

There are many places that are much better suited for families with children. As parents, it is your job to find places that are more geared to providing a safe, kid-friendly environment.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Exeter, CA
Reviewed October 8, 2004

Ocean View Lodge has the best views and most exquisite and romantic rooms on the Mendocino Coast. The prices are very reasonable. The staff was very helpful. When I booked my room by phone I was told that their liability insurance would not cover anyone under 18 in whirlpool rooms and that they had a firm two person per bed per night policy. If you want to cram your whole family into one bed, do not try and book a room at a luxury lodge.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Union City, CA
Reviewed April 14, 2004

This is a Great place for a nice romantic getaway. It is peacefull and serene. Leave the kids at home and go. The north coast is very majestic and spiritual. We leave the kids and escape!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member