Ocean View Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Surf & Sand Lodge(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
Beach House Inn(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
Old Coast Hotel(Fort Bragg)
Colombi Motel(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
Ocean Breeze Lodge(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
Ebb Tide Lodge(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
All reviewssecond floorwalking pathsitting areabit outdatedcan't beat the viewpicture windowmile traillarge pictureglass beachfloor roomsound of the wavesjacuzzi tubwatch the sunsetking suitelarge roomromantic getawaygas fireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Wow, the rooms on the second floor (jacuzzi and fireplace) were wonderful. You can listen to the waves all night with the fireplace going. You can watch the sunset from the balcony, bed or jacuzzi. The room was incredibly clean. The price was very, very reasonable considering summer rates. The 180 degree uninstructed view was to die for. A short walk a you are on a quite beach. I also found the food in town to be great as well. Granted you do not have water warm enough to swim in or palm trees, but other than that, We felt we were in Hawaii with no crowds anywhere. We wish we had more time and will be back for a weeks stay soon. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Upchurchpw
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been staying here for our Anniversary for the past 8 years. Why? Super clean and plush rooms; outstanding views from personal balcony; Less than 5 minute walk to sandy beach; large room with sitting room; 2 t.v s in our room; As much coffee as we wanted; Able to see whales in ocean from our balcony as well as sailboats and fishing boats; Spectacular sounds of the Ocean all day and nite. Very close to Downtown Fort Bragg and all it's quaint little shops and history. Can walk from Room to Park and find starfish and sand dollars in the tide pools. Ten minutes from Glass Beach. Close to Botannical Gardens. Best place to stay on the beach.

3  Thank Penny207
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The view is what it's all about, and usually when a place is selling it's views, one has to accept lower quality accommodations. Not so in this place! It was sparkling clean, spacious, and comfortable in every respect. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are in a downstairs room, you may be a little disconcerted to see people strolling by on a walkway just outside your window. A reflective coating on the glass helps a bit, but you will need to close your blinds for privacy.
2  Thank BlueSkySal
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I'll start by saying the view and peacefulness of this place is what makes it a great place to stay. You literally look out onto the ocean. You are about a 10-15 min walk from glass beach, and about a 2 min walk from nice sandy beaches. There are large panoramic windows that look out to the ocean. You have your own patio to go sit on if you want. There is a paved road that goes along the coastline like 5 feet from your patio. Overall its an amazing place to be. That being said it does have some drawbacks.

#1. Its expensive. You can stay in a hotel slightly farther from the beach and save money. Save even more money if you don't care about the amazing view.
#2. The walls and ceiling are thin. I could hear my neighbors pretty well on the sides and top of me. I think we had an insomniac hippo staying above us.
#3. Rooms were outdated. It was pretty clear the rooms had not been updated in quite some time because of rose colored 1 piece bathtub and surround which had actually worn through the color in some spots. and the strange heater thing that popped out of the floor.
#4. Missing amenities. NO AC. Seriously.... NO AC at all in a 150+ a night hotel. Come on guys, I realize the weather in fort bragg is generally cool and there is probably little use for AC but one of the nights I woke up because it was too hot. I would have preferred to turn the ac on. No microwave in the room. Fridge ran all the time and didn't get very cool. Only 1 packet of coffee per day. These are all small issues but I have stayed in much cheaper hotels that had these things.

All small things aside. I really enjoyed the vacation. Very relaxing and low key. There really isn't much to do in fort bragg so better plan this trip as relaxing exploration. The hotel is so close to the beach that it really is one of the best places to stay on a trip here (if you don't want to camp). The 2 men at the desk of the hotel were friendly and seemed to know a lot about what to do and where to eat.

Room Tip: 43 was perfect for view
2  Thank Dylan S
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel made our stay very comfortable. The room was spacious, clean and with a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean. The spectacular sounds of the ocean along with the jacuzzi was relaxing as it gets. I will definitely visit your facility again. Your staff are very friendly and was helpful in providing us with information on the best restaurants and places to see in the area. My husband and I stayed even longer than we originally planned. Thank you Ocean View Lodge for a great experience.

Room Tip: all rooms face the ocean so I find this a great place to stay.....
2  Thank Tammy K