“What an amazing retreat.”
Review of Ocean View Lodge

Ocean View Lodge
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently spent three nights at the wonderful Ocean View Lodge in Fort Bragg. Part of the stay was buisness to do a site inspection for tour groups that will be travelling up the coast to Seattle this summer. I searched for several locations that had a beautiful view of the ocean and I chose this one.

I must say the owner really keeps this place up. They were painting the property since being out along the ocean and the salt air can raise havoc. it was just about done when I arrived and it had to be the best looking place along the ocean that I saw. I stayed in a downstairs King room. I alway's like a big room but up there and most places I find there about 350 sq. feet. All of there rooms are over 500 sq. feet which I was amazed.

When I first walked in, the room was fresh and clean. All windows were spotless even the giant window facing the ocean. They have a nice size refrigerator in the room, coffee great heater nice flat screen tv mounted on the wall so it can be turned in different directions . And when you walk in you have a couch and another TV then you step up to the area where the bed is.

I enjoyed the patio overlooking the ocean the chairs were inside as to stay clean. Everyday the sheets were changed the room was spotless. Thank you Bertha for doing such a great job.

Jack is the general manager and wanted to make sure that all of his guests were atended to properly. The rooms upstairs don't have a siting area when you walk in BUT they have a jacuzzi tub that two people can easily fit in plus there is a fireplace in the room. Again spotless.

Ocena view has earned my buisness and I expect to have my groups spend the night there and I am sure they will fall in love with it as I did. Thak you Jack and Ocean View Lodge.

Room Tip: Lots of great restaurants in Fort Bragg. The Lodge is at the Northern end of town. So if you drive...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank willy550us
There are newer reviews for Ocean View Lodge

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very relaxing stay. Front desk staff and cleaning staff very thoughtful and professional. Quiet room with wonderful view. Enjoy watching people as they walk past on the trail. Can't say enough about what a comfortable stay this was.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Ithebean
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Location is everything and Oceanview is at the perfect place on the coastline. The rooms are spotless and I am extremely picky about cleanliness. The ownership does a great job with maintenance and decor. Ft. Bragg is our decompress destination as it is only a 3 hour drive and we always stay at Oceanview. Great value, great location, great retreat. The view from the room is spectacular and the fresh ocean air, oh man! Just left and already need to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cecelia B
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My daughter and I go to Ocean View Lodge every year on our annual vacation to California (we live in Florida). The rooms are clean but do need to be updated a bit. The room we get has two queen beds. It's not like the typical hotel with two beds side by side. Here, when you walk into the room, there is a vanity area, closet-type area and one of the queen beds, then you go up a step or two and that takes you into the other part of the room that has the second queen bed along with the TV, table, dresser, mini-refrigerator, and the door to the balcony. Having the suite style room allows you to have some privacy.
The one and only negative thing I can say is that it's location is right on the highway so you can hear the traffic at times. In all honesty, hearing the traffic is a very small price to pay for the spectacular view you get and the ease of access to the beach.
The view is breathtaking. There are no buildings that block your view. Sitting out on the balcony or in the room with the door open, you can hear the waves crashing on the rocks. It's so very relaxing.
If you enjoy taking walks, you can go down to the beach or walk on the paved pathway that is in the back of the hotel (between the ocean and the hotel). It's a short walk to the beach. You just follow the trails that take you from the hotel to the rocks that you climb down to get to the beach.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone whose top priority is to have a beautiful view and ease of access to a beach. I've stayed in other hotels in which the rooms were unbelievably beautiful and fancy yet there was no view of anything. I would take Ocean View Lodge over a 'fancy room' any day. Next time we are in California, we will be going back to the Ocean View Lodge... no doubt about it.

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor, you might hear the people in the rooms above you so if you don't...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HunanMom05
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Ocean View Lodge for the last 7 years whenever visiting the Ft. Bragg area. As aways the room was clean and the view exceptional from our deck. We always get the king room with sitting area. The decor maybe a bit dated but I think they may be updating that as they paint the exterior.My only complaint if it can be called that is the heater is a bit on the loud side for sleeping. This year we brought our bikes and were told that bikes aren't allowed in the rooms but we were more then welcome to store them in the garage, problem solved.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We came to the area to see Beach Glass Beach and were very pleased with this hotel. Our room was spotless with clean linens (and dated decor, but we came for the beach not a fancy hotel room). We appreciated the phone call we received the day we were to arrive, letting us know they are prepping the exterior for paint and it might not look great as we drove up...but the exterior didn't matter as we looked only looked to the gorgeous Pacific. The view, beach, location and the trails were fantastic. Our only suggestions are for the front desk to be more helpful with restaurant recommendations and we prefer fluffier pillows. We will definitely stay here again the next time we're in the area. And we can't wait!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank marcia m
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been at Ocean View Lodge four times, and have always had a great room. It looked liked they have done some remodleing and I was very impressed. Beautiful view, a few steps from ocean. The first day my grandson and I got there it was foggy, but still had fun on the beach, not too cold. The next day the sun was shinning and we only needed light sweatshirts. Good day for March 3, 2013.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family