“Great Location, Delicious Food”

Silver's at the Wharf
Ranked #5 of 85 Restaurants in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tracy, California
“Great Location, Delicious Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Terrific spot for a casual, on-the-water meal. We brought our dogs and sat outside on the patio. Had seafood and beef - both were excellent. Their open hours permit dining for a very late lunch/early dinner which we prefer because it avoids crowds and feeling rushed. The waiter told us about the nearby off-leash dog park which was very thoughtful. If we return to the area will definitely make a return visit to this restaurant.

Visited November 2012

sonoma county
“The Great Fish & Chip Search -”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Family Group of 8 - in the mood for Fish & Chips for lunch. Silver's was recommended by local people. A good helping of Fish but the French Fries (?) were cold and uninteresting. Disappointing as it was a special occasion for our group. Price - average. Service - average. Dining Room & View - very pleasant.

Visited September 2012
California
“Skip dinner, get desert...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have eaten here a few times since it became Silvers...not such a fan.

1st time...The clam chowder..is hearty but not much flavor. Creme Brulee...to die for...
2nd try The cheddar & shrimp soup...not as good as it sounds...
The catch of the day cooked in some places and not so in others. The platter was not as good as next door. Waiter did not even offer the option of a desert and I had planned on the creme brulee...service and foof a disappointment.
3rd try cocktails only...tender was good and knowledgable.

Visited May 2012
Roseville, California
“Typical Tourist food, Mediocre Taste, Quality??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Despite good and great reviews for this restaurant, I was very disappointed. The food was, in my case, a bit left of okay, very thick on sauces, oily, and dull in taste. The service was friendly and the roar of the crowd on a busy Saturday night in late October was surprisingly moderate.

I had made reservations for 4, and we waited only about 5 minutes to secure window seating. Nice. The menu choices were extensive and I'd been told their Clam Chowder was to "die for". So I ordered that plus a starter of crab cakes. My friends respectively ordered a few shrimp dishes, plus seafood linguine. They were satisfied although not overly enthusiastic.

My crab cakes came first, but their great taste was very marred by excessive oil. The cakes were spongy and hardly crisp. Their plumpness was due to breading rather than being full of crab. Sad. I didn't finish the four small cakes.

Then came the chowder for myself and a friend. The first few tastes were heavenly, but then it started to taste so floury as to be bitter. After 3 more small spoonfuls, I felt the beginning of a stomach ache and ate no more. My friend ate her whole bowl and was to later regret it. She was up most of the night with a stomach ache.

My two other friends fared better health wise, but neither really enjoyed their meals. Their food was "okay".

The food prices were predictably high consistent with popular wharf restaurants. Not a problem if the food were worth it. I definitely do not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Fallbrook
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Best place on the Wharf to eat - yes the others are good but this is my choice for the water front seating, awsome food and friendly atmosphere. Cannot go wrong here with choices for all tastes.

Visited October 2012