“Good price for what i got”

Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Santa Rosa
“Good price for what i got”
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Advice-best price is available if you book on Americas Best Value Motel website...if you can. I found my best rate was $72 but could not get the credit card type to drop down to select my credit card. Was forced to call their toll free national number where the clerk told me she only had rooms for $86. When i asked about the rate online of $72 she stated "you have to book online to get that rate". When I explained the site would not allow me to book online as i could not select my credit card type, she gave me the room for the internet rate.
Motel is OK, older property but for $72 I knew I wasnt going to be staying at a five star accomodation. Compared to several others i have stayed at on prior occassions, it was better. Room was clean, spacious, and had a microwave/fridge. Bathroom was immaculate. Everything in the room worked and I had no problems. Property was very quiet even though it is just one block away from Highway , but in Fort Bragg there are rarely traffic issues. Room faced the ocean so there was a great view.
Staff was very attentive and went out of their way to make sure I had whatever i needed.
Pool was indoor and very clean, as was the hot tub.
The breakfast was not much to speak of..if you can be happy with coffee/tea, juice, and store muffins then you will be satisfied here. There is a restaurant in front of the restaurant as you face Hwy 1 that the room directory says has been there forever and supposedly serves the best breakfasts in Northern CA, although I did not partake. I did notice that when they started serving breakfast there in the morning however, the parking lot was always full. I will check it out on another trip.
I will be staying here again.

I had a room upstairs

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank hook026

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Vancouver
Reviewed January 4, 2009

From the originating phone call requesting room to the final checkout, the people and place were groovy! I'm 50 and am particular about where I stay. This is not a four star hotel. But it should be just for the people and ambiance. (I have stayed at 4 stars and never had such nice people) Clean, nice people, dog friendly (we had a mini pincher) and just generally cool. Stayed over xmas and new years. Pool/spa clean, clean, clean. Didn't want to have our room done every day, but they helped us with towels every morning. Worth every dime. Yes, it was an off time so less expensive than most but Jennifer at the front desk, Laurie (the manager) were so great to chat with ... Chinese restaurant beside the hotel had some seriously good food for little pricing. Good locale near Noyo Harbour. Thanks guys! Fran

• Liked — It was just a cool trip. No hassle, no worries, all was good.
  • Disliked — Nuttin'
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wyoming
Reviewed September 5, 2008

From the moment I booked our room package, we received nothing but exceptional service! This value priced motor lodge was everthing we expected and more. Sparkling clean room and carpeting, heated indoor pool and large hot tub. We requested an ocean view, and got one, balcony too. Perhaps the negative comments are from folks who expect the Ritz, at a discounted rate. We will stay at the Seabird again!

• Liked — Well maintained property and spotlessly clean.
  • Disliked — some highway noise
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Ukiah
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Unfortunately room availability in town was slim when we decided to to make reservations for July 4 in May. This was the only remaining choice online and after we arrived I realized why. It was disappointing to pull up and see that it was the typical 40 year old prior motel 6 type place. There is nothing worse than walking into your room when you arrive to the overpowering smell of disinfectant. Nothing exceptional about the room decor either. Plane Jane in fair condition. I guess what really upset us though was the fact that they started draining the hot tub to clean it at 9:30 on July 4th when the sign said it was open until 10. Guess they wanted to make sure they got to bed early and to heck with the fact that July 4 is the big tourist money maker for the town. We definatelty will never go back to this motel! Do not recommend staying here. Even if nothing else is available.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — way overpriced old motel, smelly room, poor service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank daleharley
california
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I stayed at the Sea Bird Lodge on a Saturday night during Memorial Day weekend, as a last minute decision. I got one of the only rooms left, and paid about $120 for the night, including tax. I was given an upstairs room (214) that was close to the stairs above the lobby, and had a nice view of the ocean. The room was clean, comfortable, had a nice mini-fridge and microwave, and was fairly quiet considering it faced hwy 1 (about a block away). The next morning I called the front desk at about 10 AM to ask for a late check-out and was granted until noon to be out of the room. I liked that the motel is pet friendly, and will probably stay here again in the future. There is a nice little cafe right next door that is fair priced and serves good choices for breakfast and lunch. It is also close to the fisherman's wharf near the Noyo harbor where there are good restaraunts for dinner!

• Liked — Indoor heated pool and jacuzzi, as well as pet friendly accomodations
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank firedog13814
Citrus Heights, CA
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Have stayed at the Seabird Lodge on previous occasions, I was NOT pleased with this stay. At $150/nt one should be able to expect a microwave oven and a hairdryer. When I made the reservation and spoke to Jesse, he quoted me a price of $150.00 per night. I told him we needed a "pet" room and he never once quoted me an additional charge for our dog. I should have disputed the charge, but, honestly, I just wanted to get out of there. I don't think it is legal to quote a price and then up the charge when guests arrive. That may require a little research on my part.

Additionally, we had a rude guest who was talking loudly outside on a cellphone at 3:15 in the morning and the final straw was when we walked down the stairs to leave, there was a used condom at the bottom of those stairs. This might be acceptable/ expected in some places, but not at a motel we paid ubstantially for. These concerns were addressed with the governing body of the motel on 7/10 who stated that motel management would be in contact regarding these concerns over a week ago and to date (7/20) have not had the courtesy of a response from them. Will not be staying there again even if the only motel with an opening in Ft. Bragg

• Liked — Cleanliness of room
  • Disliked — inability of staff to quote accurate price and upping price upon checking in for pet, when staff knew we had a pet and had requested a pet room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FtBragg1Fan
Bay Area, California
Reviewed July 10, 2007

We stopped at the Seabird Lodge on our long road trip up 1/101 from the Bay Area of California.
The room was a good value for the going rates in the area.
Our 2-bed room for 3 adults was clean and comfortable.
After all the driving, it was very nice to have the indoor heated pool and spa to relax and get some exercise.
As other reviewers have mentioned, it is pet-friendly. Or at least, the three little chihuahuas that ran into my exterior room were friendly and cute (embarrassed poor owner, amused us as dog-lovers) and I met a lovely dauschund in the morning. The Mendocino / Ft Bragg area is beautiful and I recommend visiting and would stay at the Seabird Lodge again.

• Liked — indoor pool / spa
  • Disliked — nothing bad to report
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family