“Disgusting”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Klamath, California
“Disgusting”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed on April 26th-28th. We rented 2 rooms. The rooms smelled strong of cleaner and urine. My room #106 had a large urine spot on the floor. Dryed toilet paper that was once wet stuck to the sides of the wall. The bathroom wall was bubbled and falling apart. The beds were so old and uncomfortable. My other room #107 had ants in the bathroom. When we called the front desk. The woman said she had spray and would meet me out the back door to give it to me to use. I said, "you aren't going to use it?" She said, "no, I don't know how." So I said nevermind about even complaining about anything else to her besides the ants. We decided to go to the pool. This pool area has not been cleaned in forever. There are green sludge spots all over the cement and even around the inside of the pool. The hot tub was so gross. They didn't even wipe it down. There was a brown ring around the inside of the hot tub. I will never stay here again.

2 Thank Krystel P
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Wow! Sorry you had an unpleasant stay in Fort Bragg. We always like to know early on if there is something wrong with a guest room. It gives us a chance to correct the problem or to offer a different room to the guest. When we are slammed after the fact there is nothing we can do but offer our sincere apology. Please know that we take all reviews seriously and we learn from them - the bad ones as well as the good ones.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean place conveniently located near Noyo Harbor right off Highway One. older motel refinished. Very pet friendly here! Second floor rooms get a small view of the ocean and some have balconies. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for posting a review of your stay at the Seabird. We are conveniently located to everything on the Mendocino Coast. No need to spend top dollar for a room in Mendocino. Fort Bragg is just 8 miles north. Our upstairs/west facing rooms have a distant ocean view. No extra charge--request when booking at 800 345 0022. Indoor heated pool. Hot tub. Each room features a fridge and microwave. Fresh baked muffins in the morning. Stay at the Seabird and save!
Williams, California
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The indoor pool has always been my favorite! Winter, Fall, rain or shine, it's always slightly heated & in business. The breakfast is cool too. There is a little bit for everyone. I love yogurt and was amazed at the assortment of yogurt flavors. The chairs in my room were noteworthy! Really comfy! Most places don't have that. The amenities are above average, with each room having coffee-maker, regular & decaf coffees, with teas too. Refrigerator, hair dryer, iron board, tissue paper, WiFi... etc... etc... It's located just North of the Noyo Harbor bridge, so it's in the center of everything; with the Main-street businesses located just North.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BrandonK410
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Your glowing remarks are appreciated very much. Our indoor pool and hot tub are big hits with our guests. The Seabird Lodge is close to everything on the Mendocino Coast. Why stay anywhere else? Hope to see you again soon!
Williams, California, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel has a little for everyone. It is located near the beach for the kids. It has a great heated pool. The hot tub is very relaxing. The staff is friendly and the hotel is pet friendly. For breakfast they have delicious homemade muffins. It is located near some outstanding restaurants. It has everything you need and great rates too. I would recommend the Seabird to everyone! Every time I need a hotel and I am near Fort Bragg, the Seabird Lodge is the first on my list.

Room Tip: Accidentally clicked restaurant. They don't have one, but there are many great ones close by.
1 Thank Angela S
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thanks for the great review! Happy repeat guests--that is what we strive for! So glad the Seabird is your first choice on the Mendocino Coast. Thank you! Thank you! See you on your next trip.
Berkeley, California
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great value for a family. Located in Fort Bragg and across the street from the beach, this motel is a good value for a family, seniors and people with pets i.e. Fido not Fluffy.

Front desk lady is nice with charm. She assisted myself and an elderly gentleman with pet dogs who was staying for one week. Senior discount is $65.00 a night with a small fee for pets. I paid $83.00 including tax. This included two queen size beds with a small refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker in room, 10% discount at local chocolate store and fantastic continental breakfast of homemade muffins in six varieties individually wrapped, portable orange juice, yoplait yogart and delicious coffee with individual creamers and a small tray to bring items to our room.

There was a small balcony with sitting area and a little table to relax outside.

What an indoor pool. The kids swam and swam in the pool and relax in the hot tub which is the size of a small child's pool. By the time we had dinner, the kids were ready to fall sound asleep on their comfortable beds.

Round table within walking distance. And I never heard any of the dogs staying at the motel.

1 Thank momonholiday
Thanks for taking time to post a review of the Seabird! I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us. I agree with you our front desk staff--in fact our entire staff--is great!!! Glad you enjoyed the muffins--I like making them for our GREAT GUESTS!!! Hope to see you again soon.
Antelope, California
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hi! I had decided to plan a trip to Fort Bragg with my parents and brother. Now, let me tell you something. Any one who says this place is bad! Needs to look again because let me tell you I had so much fun at the pool with my family I decided this is the only place for us! The staff was funny and nice. But most of all... They have really good muffins that I would die for! Hope my review was helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom level. Easy access to the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eskimobunny
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thanks for the nice review of the Seabird! Glad you enjoyed the indoor heated pool. Very popular with our guests! The muffins are a hit with everyone--glad you enjoyed them, as well. Hope to see you on your next visit to the Spectacular Mendocino Coast!!! There is no need to spend big bucks for lodging--stay at the Seabird!
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in Jan 2013 for two nights with my family. The rooms are ok, kind of old fashioned but clean. People are very friendly. Not a great experience after all, but good value for the money.

• Stayed January 2013
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks for writing a review of the Seabird Lodge. And thanks for acknowledging the super job our housekeeping staff does. They are all great! Our fresh baked muffins are a hit wth guests--this morning we had chocolate/chocolate chip, orange cranberry and blueberry. For a solid value on the Mendocino Coast stay at the Seabird Lodge! Our upstairs west facing rooms have distant ocean views at no additional cost. They are on a "first come first serve" basis. Request when booking. 800-345-0022
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Bragg
#13 of 23 in Fort Bragg
North Cliff Hotel
North Cliff Hotel
#5 of 23 in Fort Bragg

Been to Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn? Share your experiences!