“Wonderful place to stay on the North Coast!”

Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel has a little for everyone. It is located near the beach for the kids. It has a great heated pool. The hot tub is very relaxing. The staff is friendly and the hotel is pet friendly. For breakfast they have delicious homemade muffins. It is located near some outstanding restaurants. It has everything you need and great rates too. I would recommend the Seabird to everyone! Every time I need a hotel and I am near Fort Bragg, the Seabird Lodge is the first on my list.

Room Tip: Accidentally clicked restaurant. They don't have one, but there are many great ones close by.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela S
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thanks for the great review! Happy repeat guests--that is what we strive for! So glad the Seabird is your first choice on the Mendocino Coast. Thank you! Thank you! See you on your next trip.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great value for a family. Located in Fort Bragg and across the street from the beach, this motel is a good value for a family, seniors and people with pets i.e. Fido not Fluffy.

Front desk lady is nice with charm. She assisted myself and an elderly gentleman with pet dogs who was staying for one week. Senior discount is $65.00 a night with a small fee for pets. I paid $83.00 including tax. This included two queen size beds with a small refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker in room, 10% discount at local chocolate store and fantastic continental breakfast of homemade muffins in six varieties individually wrapped, portable orange juice, yoplait yogart and delicious coffee with individual creamers and a small tray to bring items to our room.

There was a small balcony with sitting area and a little table to relax outside.

What an indoor pool. The kids swam and swam in the pool and relax in the hot tub which is the size of a small child's pool. By the time we had dinner, the kids were ready to fall sound asleep on their comfortable beds.

Round table within walking distance. And I never heard any of the dogs staying at the motel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank momonholiday

Thanks for taking time to post a review of the Seabird! I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us. I agree with you our front desk staff--in fact our entire staff--is great!!! Glad you enjoyed the muffins--I like making them for our GREAT GUESTS!!! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hi! I had decided to plan a trip to Fort Bragg with my parents and brother. Now, let me tell you something. Any one who says this place is bad! Needs to look again because let me tell you I had so much fun at the pool with my family I decided this is the only place for us! The staff was funny and nice. But most of all... They have really good muffins that I would die for! Hope my review was helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom level. Easy access to the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eskimobunny
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thanks for the nice review of the Seabird! Glad you enjoyed the indoor heated pool. Very popular with our guests! The muffins are a hit with everyone--glad you enjoyed them, as well. Hope to see you on your next visit to the Spectacular Mendocino Coast!!! There is no need to spend big bucks for lodging--stay at the Seabird!

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in Jan 2013 for two nights with my family. The rooms are ok, kind of old fashioned but clean. People are very friendly. Not a great experience after all, but good value for the money.

• Stayed: January 2013
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thanks for writing a review of the Seabird Lodge. And thanks for acknowledging the super job our housekeeping staff does. They are all great! Our fresh baked muffins are a hit wth guests--this morning we had chocolate/chocolate chip, orange cranberry and blueberry. For a solid value on the Mendocino Coast stay at the Seabird Lodge! Our upstairs west facing rooms have distant ocean views at no additional cost. They are on a "first come first serve" basis. Request when booking. 800-345-0022

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We are traveling up the coast and needed a pet friendly hotel for the night. The woman at the desk, Karen, could not have been nicer. She was very welcoming to me and the dogs. The room itself was clean and basic, which is all that we required. There are muffins for breakfast. I highly recommend this motel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leslierw
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank You! Thank You! I always like it when reviewers recognize our staff. The staff at the Seabird is indeed great--housekeeping, maintenance and desk staff. We have the friendliest staff at any inn on the Mendocino Coast!! Since I am the muffin man, let me tell you what kinds of muffins I made today: One of the favorites--Chocolate/chocolate chip. I also made Orange/cranberry. Another top favorite is blueberry -- but the Lemon poppyseed and Raspberry/white chocolate chip muffins are also near the top of the list. On occasion I make corn muffins with cheddar cheese and green onions-- a little different, but popular never the less. Next time you visit the coast please stay at the Seabird-- the place with the friendliest folks and friendly room rates, too.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here one night whilst travelling down the west coast in the summer. Rooms very "retro" and had a scent a bit like an old folks home but lady at desk very friendly, free internet and nice touches at simple breakfast like selection of homemade muffins. If you don't mind the style then it;s a nice place although a little out of town, plenty of parking along main street though.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Glad the reviewer had a nice trip down the coast. He seems, however, to have the Seabird and another inn scrambled together. We are in town, have plenty of parking, are not on Main Street, are not "retro"--but do have the friendliest staff and serve the best muffins around. We hope this reviewer and everyone else stays at the Seabird when visiting the Spectacular Mendocino Coast. See you soon!!!!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The 2 ladies at the front desk were excellent/friendly/super great. We stayed for 2 nights (my daughter & I) and the price was great and the hotel/room clean. They have a pool and spa which is inside. They don't have a full breakfast but what they do have it good -- homemade muffins & yogurt, juice, coffee and hot chocolate. The ladies there gave us day trip ideas and recommended a great restaurant in the area for dinner. Would stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: upstairs hwy 1 side to look out at the beach area
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kkhobb
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

I wholeheartedly agree! Our staff at the Seabird is excellent !!! Thanks for taking time to post a review. We appreeciate it very much. Hope to see you on a future trip to the Spectacular Mendocino Coast. Spread the word that our rates are fair --A good Value.