“Nice View of the Ocean”

Best Western Vista Manor Lodge
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had an ocean view from our room that was very nice. I enjoyed being able to open my sliding glass door and sit outside in the cool coastal breeze. My kids were very excited to swim in the indoor pool but it was pretty cold for a heated pool. The staff was nice and the room was clean. The beds were very comfortable. There are two sections of the hotel and we were at the upper level so it was far from the pool and breakfast. If I stayed here again I would request a room closer to the pool. Overall it was a decent place to stay.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view and a room close to the pool.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

The Hotel is perched on a cliff over an inlet with the ocean beyond that. The Hotel itself was very clean and neat. The rooms were very good and comfortable - and quiet. The pool opening times need to be reviewed to provide more availability.
Breakfast was acceptable - nothing grand but sufficient.
The Town was only a short distance away with many eating and drinking sites to choose from.

Room Tip: Ground floor gives you access to the garden and you can sit out and enjoy the sunsets.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ireneandroger
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I picked the ocean view room and we got a full view of the ocean across from the street. It was amazing.. opened the windows and you could hear the waves.. since it's right off Highway 1, you heard the cars too.. but that didn't bother me too much. The hotel was quaint and cute, loved the decor.. they had an indoor pool. I would most definitely stay there again!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Nice room overlooking the train trellis and beach beyond , the only problem we had was the noise from the road as there is no air conditioning in the room we opened the windows to enjoy the cool evening breeze but the noise from the road below was constant and ruined my sleep. The bed was very comfortable and there was lots of hot water for the shower, a fridge in the room and the owners were very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the road!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal O
Reviewed August 2, 2014

inadequate bathroom sink drainage. breakfast was not what I expected, the management was ok but they needed to be if they wanted return customers. I don't know what else to say! I think I have said it all!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The room was clean, and we had a view of the ocean which was very nice. But the rate for being a regular BW and not a Plus was too high . Yes, you can walk to the beach. But the management left allot to be desired in hospitality and service. The regular staff that checked us in was very nice and helpful. The poor gal that had to setup the continential breakfast was overwhelmed, felt bad for her. The selection of items were very limited and not acceptable for the rate that they charge. Would not stay there again. But then we found Ft Bragg to be full of rude people so probably will not be stopping there again ever anyway.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I think this is an underrated value. Yes the hotel is a bit old, but the caretaking was excellent. Our room was always clean and well attended. We had a junior suite which featured a nice view of the ocean, living room with fireplace, and bedroom with a queen bed. Other people seem to complain about the breakfast. I have no idea what they expected but it was definitely adequate. Anything you wanted that they were running out of, someone got you. The gardens around it were also nice - and we saw three roosters! Nights were very quiet - I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Our entire stay the temperature was in the 60s so I did not have the desire to go in the pool. But it was large and is indoors. They had a little lending library and we read two books that were on the shelf. You could spend spend $100 a night more to stay across the street in a much smaller room at a beachfront place. Don't see the point of that!

Stayed: July 2014