“Book direct for the best price”
Review of Beach House Inn

Beach House Inn
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed January 5, 2010

The Beach House is a great pet-friendly place. Spacious rooms, quiet location, reasonable sense of privacy. But be sure to call directly to book. You'll get a much better rate than online.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 26, 2009

We had a wonderful trip. Jerry and Sarah are great hosts and provided terrific service.
Rooms are spacious and clean! Could not have had a more wonderful stay. Fishing trip was outstanding, just wish I had caught a fish.

Thanks a million!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2009

After staying at a nearby motel several years ago, I was a bit leary about staying in Fort Bragg again. After reading all the reviews, I narrowed my choices down, then started checking out the total costs. Beach House Inn had a special-stay 2, get the third night free. It was the best I could do for the money.
We were pleasantly surprised. Our king/giant soaking tub (note: not jetted) was large. The pics on the website are current. Someone else mentioned a strong cleaning solution smell. I am super sensitive and also noticed it. It seemed to be more in the building entryway, not in the actual room. Room was *almost* spotless. Only issue I could find was a bit of dust around the bathroom door jamb. Breakfast was some sort of pastry (doughnuts, Danish, etc.), fruit, coffee, tea and juice. Minimal road noise-we slept with slider open without issues.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We made our reservations in July 2009. this was our first stay at the Beach House Inn. We have stayed at several hotel/motels from Fort Bragg to Little River that are pet friendly over the past 30-years. The Beach House room we stayed in overlooked an Estuary and was a different view than we were used to waking up to. It was the quietness and view of the creek and wildlife that won our hearts to come back to go back next year. The rooms were the cleaniest pet rooms we have ever stayed in. The continental breakfast was filled with several fruits along with pastry and if you were lucky, a delightful homemade crisp apple cobbler. The management and cleaning ladies were very nice and accommodating. The grounds were clean and kept nicely.
It was the first time that we stayed in a room that was clean and EVERY little thing worked
perfectly! it's very important to our life style that we have a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We LOVED the Beach House Inn !! Beautiful location, super friendly and helpful staff.
We were traveling with our little Maltese dog and he was welcome too !
Love it and would stay again and again !!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We were planning our 4th of July weekend. My wife and I heard that Mendocino and Fort Bragg are great during the summer, so we booked in advance. I called several places, and the last call I made was to the Beach House Inn.
Their rates were competitive and the gentleman who helped me was extremely professional, yet he sounded like he "really cared" about our getaway. He told me so much about the region... Recommended places to go and things to do.
We arrived there on Friday and our room was ready for us. Now, when we got into the suite and looked out from the balcony, we thought we were looking at a landscape that had to be painted there... Except that no one could have created something so beautiful (no one mortal, that is).
That was what I call a "billion dollar view". Suddenly, the price we paid was beyond competitive... It became an incredible return on investment.
We had the opportunity to talk with the couple who manages the place, Jerry and Sarah - and they are such great and real people. They have been married for a long time (40+ years, I believe... I can't recall exactly how long) and they are "heck" of funny. They have managed other hotels in other great locations, like Lake Tahoe, but Jerry said that there is something magic about Fort Bragg that got them to move up there... Well, I am glad for that, because otherwise we wouldn't have the kind of hosting they provided. We felt like we were at a 6-star hotel (I am not joking here - and 6-star hotels do exist). I just wish every place we stayed had great people like those two. They recommended a famous local Italian restaurant for dinner and, just a mention of their names was enough to get us a great table, the same type of 5-star family treatment, an amazing meal for a great price... The name of the place is Karine's, and there is a great history behind it... Mamma Karine herself waited on us - and her son (sorry, I forget his name now...) came to our table and brought us free sangria... I will be writing a review of that place, also.
We met the owner of the place when we were getting ready to come back home. And I am sorry I forget his name, but the guy was just like them: Down to earth, energetic and made us feel 100% at home.
To finalize things: We had a GREAT time, for an unbelievably reasonable price, got to meet some great folks, and hope to do it again very soon.

Thank you, Jerry. And thank you, Sarah! We hope to see you again soon!

Andre (& Mona)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stopped at 5 other motels in Fort Bragg and were not happy with the price or the accommodations before stopping at The Beach House Inn. It was going to be the last stop in Fort Bragg if we were not happy. We would then turn around and go south. But when we stopped and walked into the office and met Jerry and Sarah Ewen (the Managers) we fell in love. First with them then with the wonderful accommodations. It was near the end of our three week vacation and it was the best place ever for the price and being so clean. It was spotless! We enjoyed being with them so much we met them the next day for lunch at this Italian fish restaurant down at the fishing docks near the bridge. The name of the place is "Carine's Fish Grotto" been there since 1947. Ask them about the place. Wonderfull people and wonderful food with a great view. We were there for about two hours partying with Sarah and Jerry and the cook and owners....and taking pictures ot them, us and the seals! Thanks again Sarah and Jerry for a wonderful stay. We will always remember our time with you. Hope you got the pictures I sent. We have already told freinds to stay with you and eat at Carine's Fish Grotto.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple