“Misleading!!! Wouldn't stay here again!!”
Review of Beach House Inn

Beach House Inn
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
San Francisco, CA
“Misleading!!! Wouldn't stay here again!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2005

My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice romantic weekend getaway, and without knowing too much about the area, chose the The Beach House Inn Motel to stay at. I found their website to be quite misleading compared to what I experienced when I arrived. Yes, the inn sits near an estuary but instead of binoculars, bring your telescope if you're hoping to see any form of wildlife. Your more likely to be able to read the head-stones at the adjacent cemetaries sitting from your "deck" than see any birds. We were hoping to wake up in the morning to the sound of birds but instead it was the sound of passing cars/trucks, as the inn sits right on Highway 1. Not quite as romantic! We got the "deluxe" room with the fireplace, soaking tub & deck. Aside from the deck, there weren't any windows in our room--hence, not a lot of light and actually quite depressing, especially considering the tacky 1970's furnishing. The fireplace is gas and completely enclosed in a glass (that was all scratched up so you couldn't even enjoy the thing!) and they must have the gas preset on ultra-low because we barely saw the flame. Kinda jenky, to be quite frank. The inn itself was quite clean though and our room did have cable. We paid $150 a night for our room but considering its location, furnishings and the customer service which wasn't all that customer-satisfaction orientated, I would say the room wasn't worth more than $100/night. The beach across the street isn't worth visiting as it sits just near industrial businesses and a bridge...not very attractive landscaping!!--try the beach/cove just down the road in Mendocino if your looking to take in beautiful scenery. Matter of fact, stay in Mendocino all together!! The rates are just a tad higher but TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! We went on a budget but felt that staying where we did was just a COMPLETE waste of money and would have fronted the extra $100 or so to stay in Mendocino at a nice B & B had we known better. Mendocino is just 9 miles south (about 10-15 minutes) and WORTH THE UPGRADE!!!

Hope this helps!

From---A girl who is NOT even that picky of a traveler! (should tell you something)

Cheers!!

• Stayed July 2005
12 Thank lsparks1976

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed May 16, 2005

My wife and recently visited Fort Bragg and the Beach House Inn was a most pleasant place to stay. Its clean and inviting appearance was a level above the other motels nearby. The Innkeeper was very helpful to point out the area's many attractions. The Beach House Inn is centrally located with restaurants and shops just minutes south and the ocean a short walk away. To the north is MacKerricher State Park and some dramatic coastline for miles beyond that we found great for secluded beachcombing and whale watching. If you're looking for a home to experience the North Coast, we highly recommend the Beach House Inn.

Stayed April 2005
9 Thank 103angelaz
Reviewed February 6, 2005

When ever my husband and I want to get away we think of Fort Bragg. We call the Beach House Inn Motel. Our balcony looks out onto Pudding Creek. There we can sit and see different kinds of birds and wild life. The motel has information in all rooms of the birds you might see in this sanctuary. We have even sat there and watched a deer come to the water. It's even more fun if you bring binoculars. We are also walking distant to the ocean. They aways remember us when we check in, and are always ready to assist you in any way. Of course there are many good resturants to pick from. We highly recommend The Beach House Inn Motel. Wish we were there now.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
S.F.
Reviewed October 30, 2004

We love this place and Fort Bragg. Location is nice, right on Pudding Creek and on the northern outskirts of Fort Bragg. Clean comfortable lodgings. Close to dynamite beach walks and on another plane, the North Coast Brewing Co. We have always had a great time here. Ben and Katie are great people and treat us wonderfuly.

9 Thank Pub-7
Brentwood, CA
Reviewed April 10, 2004

More than a month ago, I booked 3 units at their promotional price.
After 4 hours of driving, I got to the place and I was being charged for a different amount. I was told that I misunderstood it and that I can leave the hotel.....this for a mere $27.00 difference. You can just imagine how disgusted I am. I was even told that I am not allowed to stay there again. Wow...what a threat. I suggest that if you plan on staying at this inn, that you make sure that you get a confirmation letter...not just a confirmation number. They seem to be forgetful.

9 Thank MamaTess
Reviewed April 8, 2004

Our family of 4 just spent 4 night there and enjoyed our stay. The rooms are large and clean. Our bed was fair. The large TV was nice but a DVD/VHS player would have been a nice touch for night time viewing enjoyment. We walked daily down to the beach (about 15 minutes away) for sand play with the grand-daughter and kite flying.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2004

The Beach House Inn was clean and nicely decorated. The soaking tub in the bedroom was incredible. It was big enough for 2 with lots of room.
There was a mini fridge and coffee service. Great hotel.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member