“Stay Somewhere Else!”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
san francisco
“Stay Somewhere Else!”
Reviewed October 17, 2008

I would recommend staying somewhere else in Fort Bragg or Mendocino. This motel has not been kept up very well inside or outside and the managers are not friendly at all. They made me feel uncomfortable, like I was putting them out by staying at their place. If I had a question they seemed annoyed with me. My bathroom was not really clean and the place didn't smell right. Is there a way to give it 1/2 stars or no stars?

Stayed September 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Benicia, Ca
Reviewed August 5, 2008

We stayed at this hotel at the end of a 12 day trip. What I liked the best was the central heating with a thermostat - no loud window heater/air conditioning unit. The room itself was ok with a balcony with a nice view of a wildlife santuary. I like having a microwave & refrigerator in hotel rooms but I thought it strange that they were located in the bathroom. The desk clerk was friendly & gave us a great restaurant recommendation. The continental breakfast only had grocery store type pastries.

The hotel is located on the side of a cliff & I don't think I would want to stay there after a lot of rain when the ground is saturated with water.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed July 7, 2008

We had a delightful two-night stay at the Beach House over the 4th July weekend. This is a fairly new motel and everything is spotless. Our spacious room, with balcony,overlooked a peaceful lake, and contained both microwave and 'frig in the large bathroom, which also had a shower and tub. We find that most motels in this range only offer a shower. We definitely recommend this motel, which is a few minutes drive from the center of Fort Bragg. There is so much to see and do in this area that we have returned many times in the past.

• Liked — Large bathroom with bathtub/shower, microwave and refrigerator
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008
california
Reviewed March 20, 2008

We stayed the night with our dog . There were other dogs staying too. It was very quiet. The room was clean but needed a few things up dated like a new toilet seat, smoke alram was missing. The bed was good, comfortable, the soaking tub was fun too. The front desk staff was frienly and nice. Would stay here again if we are traveling with our dog. I really liked the safety of the buildings.

• Liked — That I could have my dog in the room
  • Disliked — needs some up dating
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Boston,MA
Reviewed February 4, 2008

My wife and I were very surprised after reading good reviews about The Beach House Inn Motel in Fort Bragg, CA. Our experience was AWFUL. The room had very dirty rugs with candle wax all over it. The gas fireplace had a large crack in the front glass. The smoke alarm was missing!!! Not to mention the cold water my wife had after only 5 minutes in the shower.
After bringing up all of these problems to the man at the front desk his response was " What do you want me to do about it."
This motel is not worth staying at since there seem to be many other decent hotels in the area. Hope this review saves other couples from having a bad weekend due to this motel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Entire Room experience
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BostonLeon
California
Reviewed September 18, 2007

My fiance and I stayed here two years ago and reserved the room with the fireplace and double-soaking tub. I highly recommend paying the extra $ for one of these rooms. Service was good, and there was a small breakfast in the lobby. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are planning a trip there again in Nov.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed here one night during the week (in Aug 2007) during our drive up the coast from San Fran to Seattle. Ft. Bragg seemed like a good place to stop distance-wise. The town is small but I was happy to find a Starbucks there, as well as a nice Safeway. The motel was fine- clean, which is all I really cared about. We stayed in a lower lever room that did not have a balcony. It was your basic Comfort Inn type place (if I had to compare it to someplace). The front desk people were very nice. It's certainly nothing fancy, and does sit right on the road, but it was still quiet. If you're just passing thru it's fine for a night. Mendocino was a cuter town but also very small. We ate dinner at the brewery in town (in Ft Bragg). It was ok- they were out of a lot of items on the menu and everything, being that it's a brewery, was deep friend and super greasy. Oh, book thru hotels.com for a discounted rate.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple