“Great Family Getaway”
Review of Beach House Inn

Beach House Inn
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I have been traveling to Ft Bragg several times a year for vacation over past 15 years. The Beach House Inn is easily the best place I've stayed during my trips. The hotel is exceptionally well suited for groups and families as each main building contains 5 rooms with a common entryway so it's like having your own condo when you fill all the rooms. The rooms are spacious and are well suited for families. There are 2 upstairs rooms and 3 downstairs rooms. The upstairs rooms had King beds and Jacuzzi tubs that will fit two adults. My wife and I particularly enjoyed the fireplace and the view out of the balcony. 2 of the lower rooms had two queen beds each and the remaining lower room worked great for Grandma and Grandpa. I had a strong wireless signal for my laptop which I used to plan outings in the area. The hotel does not have a Gym, but I preferred jogging along Hwy 1 and the beaches with the great view of the ocean and the redwoods. The hotel does have complementary breakfast items--fruit, doughnuts, muffins, and coffee all located in the front office. The hotel is very conveniently located near Dining, Shopping and Recreation activities and the front office staff were very knowledgeable about local tourist attractions as well as the best beaches to visit. Ft Bragg is a great place to relax and take it all in and Beach House Inn really adds to the experience.

Room Tip: Ask about seasonal rates
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank All4Him57041

Reviewed July 14, 2011

My family reserved three rooms for three nights. Each room was impeccably clean and well maintained. The managers (Jerry and Sarah) were very friendly and extremely accommodating. Directly across the street from the beach and ocean, and within walking distance to downtown Fort Bragg. If you like to relax and unwind when you're traveling, this place is for you!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JPantalone
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I travel to Fort Bragg every couple of weeks for work and my husband and I often take long weekends there. I have tried several other hotels in the area but no more! I am now a regular customer of the Beach House Inn. Large, comfortable room with microwave and refrigerator. Wonderful friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed here on a road trip up California. Our room had a great view and the soaking tub was huge, clean, and lovely after a long cold walk on the beach. The only downside was the squeaky bed that has seen better days. They could use newer beds however still a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Get one with a view of the esuary.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MrsMessinger
Reviewed December 6, 2010

My wife and I, well our first date was at the beautiful botanical gardens in Fort Bragg, CA. If you've never been there - you definitely should. It's the same price as a movie and so much more entertainment (and I'm not a flower guy). Anyways, when visiting family in NorCal for thanksgiving we decided to take the Hwy One back home to SoCal - Orange County.

We drove on up to Fort Bragg via the Hwy 20, another beautiful drive I might add, and stayed in the Beach House Inn Motel. The room was $160 - number 104 with the in-room soaking pool (this is NOT a jacuzzi) and at first admittedly I felt a little ripped off. The 'soaking pool' was more of a giant bathtub next to the bed (admittedly my fault for misinterpreting the term to mean jacuzzi), the TV was a tiny old CRT TV and the bed was pretty hard.

However, after exploring Fort Bragg we came back to our room and immediately collapsed in a comatose state - and here is where this hotel really shines. The bed isn't nearly as hard as first glance and the blankets were pleasantly soft. The hotel overlooks an estuary and our room had a balcony - in the morning we were awakened by the sunrise over the estuary - a truly incredible view. The breakfast was delicious and the shower neither hard nor cold.

All in all I have to say this hotel came through in the end - I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Daver-Coaster
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Pet friendly hotel with $10 per night pet fee. Lots of area to exercise your pet. Pictures and description deceptive, not on the beach and water in pictures is a pond behind the hotel. Not "in" town.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jkdaves
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We arrived during the busy Labour Day weekend, and every hotel in town was booked. My travel agent found this place 2 weeks in advance. Not much to see when you first pull up but what the place lacks in luster on the outside, very much makes up on whats on the inside. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the managers (Jerry and Sara) went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home. I'm disabled and in a wheelchair and even though they didn't have an accessible room (they have them but they were already booked) they made every effort to make my room accessible for me. They had no issue with my service dog (in training, 18 month old Boxer) and they adored my 3 boys. We will definitely stay there again when we come back to Fort Bragg.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family