After reading the terrific reviews for Weller House Inn, we were quite excited to visit. While there were nothing terribly wrong with this place, it really lacked any sort of warmth or coziness. The owner, while being nice, was not super helpful or excited about being there.
The good things:
- the room are spacious
- the breakfast was delicious
- big ballroom
The not so good:
- cramped kitchen where 8 of us had to have breakfast. I don't know how we would have fit if all rooms were full.
- no cozy area for relaxation or chatting. There is a library which did not look inviting at all; other than that, there was no inviting/welcoming in the entire house to hang out / relax.
- Guests do not get access to the kitchen, often one of the advantages for staying in a BB as opposed to a hotel room
- heating in the room was not good. The owner did warn us it takes 30 minutes to kick in but it really took longer than that. It is also pretty noisy during the night.
- the mattress is average to poor quality. Other guests that were staying there had similar experience
- shower did not drain properly
Overall, I would say we have stayed in much better B&Bs. Yes, this place has Victorian charm and a huge ballroom but it lacked many features of B&Bs and did not meet our high expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic 1886 inn with ballroom, library, dining room, water tower observation deck, and gardens. Featured in the New York Times and Sunset Magazine. Nine fine guest rooms, each with private bathrooms, sitting areas, down pillows and comforters, Egyptian cotton sheets. King or queen beds, two rooms have private Jacuzzis. The water tower observation deck is the high point in town, great for whale watching and sunsets. Gardens with heritage and edible ornamentals (organic since 2008). The virgin redwood ballroom on the third floor of the main house is a unique and beautiful space, ideal for all sorts of gatherings. Weekly dance (FREE with LODGING): Monday FOLK DANCE CLASS, Tuesday TANGO PRACTICA, Wednesday WALTZ CLASS, Friday EAST COAST SWING DANCE, Sunday WEST COAST SWING CLASS ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Weller House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.