Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$182
HIExpress.com
Ocean View Lodge(Fort Bragg)
$213
Surf & Sand Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$164
$152
Super 8 by Wyndham Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$112
Beach House Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$116
$110
North Cliff Hotel(Fort Bragg)
$209
$200
$154
Orbitz.com
$201
$152
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$80
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$141
$121
All reviewssweet peasunset roomquirky placeglass beachnew ownerssmall refrigeratorocean sidetop floorwhalesfelinehairdryer
Reviewed August 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in mid-August. We were very disappointed. Upon arrival, we found the outside of the "inn" extremely unkept... plants totally overgrown, weeds everywhere. We'd traveled all day, we were exausted,so decided to go inside and give it a try. Huge mistake. Our disappointment continued. The room was VERY overpriced, no heating in the rooms and the windows are very drafty and don't close all the way. The carpets are old and smell awful and the paint around the windows is old and peeling. The owner was very unfriendly and not helpful at all. We had a tiny television (maybe 12 inches) in the room and got very fuzzy, static reception. The breakfast was basically cold granola, fruit and toast. There were a few poached eggs and juice, but you served yourself and catered your own table. Although the "staff" (husband and wife) came in several times, no one spoke. I would never stay here again and would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank philtim7881
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the "Grey Whale". Our room was quiet, comfortable and spacious! The Inn has so much character! Sweet Pea, the resident feline, kept us company in the evening while playing pool and relaxing in our room. We cannot wait to visit again soon. We loved being within walking distance to Glass Beach. the shops, restaurants etc.
The "Grey Whale Innkeeper" was very gracious!

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I've been to Fort Bragg before and love the town, but this was the first time I've stayed at the Grey Whale. What a very cool place it is!! Its history as a former hospital gives it a lot of character. It was a quiet night and we were the only guests, so we kind of toured the place informally and looked into some of the vacant rooms. All of them were very spacious and had their own individual personalities. The innkeeper, Michael, was extremely considerate and accommodating and made us one of the best breakfasts I've ever had at a B&B. Simple and delicious, flavored with herbs fresh from the garden. I'll definitely stay there on my next Fort Bragg trip and will recommend the place to all of my friends for their next coastal vacation!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I drove through town trying to decide where to stay, it is warm weekend and palces were pretty full and pricey. I stumble onto this driving by, not much to look at from outside but walking distance to town shops/restaurants, so stopped on side of road and called, What a delightful Innkeeper, said he had just the rooom for me /with private bath, at reasonalbe price (less than $100) on Sat evening and include sbreakfast. They have common rooms to sit and read or relax It was so nice, clean and awesome atmosphere and the others there were a delight and longtime return guest. I WILL BE NOW TOO.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Many years ago, my parents and I drove past the Grey Whale Inn. After learning its history (it opened as a hospital in 1915) I longed to stay there. My husband and I recently fulfilled my dream.
We stayed in the huge Railway Room and enjoyed the spaciousness and amenities (gas fireplace and kitchenette). What an excellent value!
The ocean and the endless, wildflower-studded moors are a short walk away. The flower filled garden provided a sweet space for relaxation. The whispering cypress and the flower scented air almost blocked out Highway 1. I felt transported back in time.