“Dessert anyone?”

Laurel Deli & Desserts
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Rosa, California
“Dessert anyone?”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The pie! Took it back to our room for dessert! WOW. Someone really knows how to bake! Gotta get yourself there for that !

Visited April 2014

Placerville, California
“Not as good as prior years' visits”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Breakfast was served by a friendly server, but the food was cold. I had ordered my hash browns crisp and they came to the table soggy. I asked that they be returned to be crisped and they came back to me the same as when they left our table. The server said the cook told her that was as crisp as they came; that he'd have burned them otherwise. We won't be back.

Visited March 2014
Ukiah, California
“Have eaten here for years, never disappoints to offer great food for the whole family.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Good variety of food, they are located right in the heart of town, they offer home baked pies and cookies. Great place to eat to please everyone in the family.

• Visited January 2014
Yucca Valley, California
“Good meal and value”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had lunch here on the 23rd. This was the first time that we had eaten here since they moved to the depot. It was busy so the service was a little slow but since we weren't in a hurry it didn't bother us. My wife had one of the senior specials which was 1/2 sandwhich with a cup of soup. The soup was creamy chicken noodle which was full of vegetables and freshly made. Her sandwich had lots of meat and produce. I had the Santa Fe Express which was sliced turkey with pepper jack cheese on grilled sourdough. I had the potato salad with my sandwich and was surprised by the amount. The potato salad was good. Will probaly be going back next time we are in the area.

Visited December 2013
Branscomb calif.
“It's ok”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I can't say the place is outstanding like many other reviewers. It's ok. The raves about the home made pie? It's huge servings alright. But since I am a very good baker myself and use only top quality ingredients, I am more critical than, say someone who does not know how to bake. My comments are, the pie curst is less than wonderful. I had a giant piece of coconut cream pie, one of my favorites. The coconut was plentiful, but it was the unsweetened type and very flat tasting. It was overloaded with the stuff in the pudding which tasted like it had been thickened with flour. Just not that great. Maybe fruit pies are better there? I don't know. I had a chinese chicken salad. It was big too, but not that much chicken, and overall just not satisfying. Yes, it is a popular place, and cute and all that. I did have lunch another time and I can't remember what I had but that time it was better. However, on my last visit, I did not eat here, I went in and tried to sit at a table, it had food smeared on it, so I went to another table and sat down. There was a waitress behind the counter looking at me, but not moving. As soon as I sat down, I saw that there were lots of flies buzzing the table, because this table too had something left spilt by the last customer. If there is anything that turns me off right away, it is the presence of flies in an eating establishment. It means lack of attention to cleaning, and possibly something worse than that in the kitchen. I got up and walked out. I won't sit and eat with flies at my table. I have not been back. I will say, that the other two times I actually ate here, there were no flies present. They really need to get one or several of those electric fly zappers. They work great. They do keep the side door open on sunny days, and this does contribute to the problem, but the zappers solve this problem very well.

• Visited November 2013