“generous sandwiches but old pastries” 3 of 5 bubbles

Laurel Deli & Desserts
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sacramento, California
“generous sandwiches but old pastries”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I tried Laurel Deli twice - for a take-out sandwich one day and a cinnamon roll the next day. The sandwich was generous, tasty and well priced. I saw fabulous pastries and decided to try one the next morning.

Unfortunately, the cinnamon roll tasted like it was the one I saw the previous day. It would have been fabulous the day it was baked, I suspect. A day old one was lousy.

The restaurant tends to be noisy as lots of tables in a large room. Very nice service.

Visited March 2013

Sutter, California
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

What can I say about this place? Only that my family and I have been going here for years for lunch. Very relaxed, friendly atmosphere. The food is great and the portions are huge! The desserts are to die for. Even though I was full, I couldn't stop myself from eating the coconut pie. I paid for it later though. The kids love it because we get to sit next to a train. The food is a little pricey but you do get a lot of food. The french fries do not have much salt on them, but the onion rings are awesome!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort Bragg
“Great food, Excellent Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

No matter if you want breakfast or the special or a sandwich and a bowl of soup, this is a great little place. A favorite of locals. The food is great and the waitresses very efficient and nice. The food is always good.

Visited December 2012
FB, California
“Great food and pies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

They have a nice menu, and the food is quite good. They make great pies, and serve gourmet coffee, and well as a variety of teas. They have daily specials, and if you get the pulled pork, you will be in heaven!

Visited December 2012
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled across Laurel Deli on our recent weekend get-away to Fort Bragg. We enjoyed a late lunch if soup and salad, both delicious! My husband loved the homemade pork soup and commented to the waitress about it. He wanted to know what type of broth was used. Before long, the owner Scott, came to our table to discuss the recipe and gave us a pint of soup to take back to our room. What a nice gesture! We returned the following morning and had an amazing full breakfast! My husband loves coned beef hash and although its not on the menu, they had it. He said it was probably the best he's ever had!!! If you're looking for good home style food that is fresh and delicious, visit Laurel Deli and Desserts. You won't be disappointed!!... Note: We didn't try the desserts , but they looked scrumptious :)

1 Thank Katsmith55