“Alas...”
Review of The Hi-Sea Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Bragg
The Hi-Sea Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Fort Bragg B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 23, 2009

...the Hi-Seas Inn, where my family and I have vacationed most summers since the mid-Seventies, is no more. The grassy yard and redwood decks, along with the homey service and easy access to the state park, made this an under-reported gem of the Redwood Coast, which I enthusiastically recommended to everyone from college buddies to inlaws to co-workers. It was the first venue I took my first girlfriend to (this was back in 1990).

The Web site my search took me to revealed it is under new ownership, with plans to re-open as Avalon By The Sea. One can only pray the new management keeps the original flair and character of the place, and doesn't try and turn it glitzy and anonymous like so many chain motels.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheNewWorldMan
Reviewed May 27, 2007

we were staying at the Tradewinds and it was so bad that we asked to get out of our reservations early. I called the Hi Seas which is an older motel on the north end of town. The managers were very friendly. We moved to the Hi Seas Motel and the view was Beautiful!!!!!. The rooms were very clean and the beds where not the best but the view and attitude of the managers made up for it. We were able to leave our sliding glass door that faced the ocean open about 6 inches during the night. What a wonderful sound the crashing of the waves. My sister with her 6 month old baby was with us and she was able to push the stroller across the grass to the paved "old" road along the bluff. It was so convienient with the small children. There is a deck that runs the entire length of the motel on the ocean side.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family