Surf Motel and Gardens
Super 8 Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$84
$57
Surf & Sand Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$179
$161
Hotels.com
North Cliff Hotel(Fort Bragg)
$209
$189
$170
Hotels.com
Beach House Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$98
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$155
Hotels.com
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$141
$123
Best Western Vista Manor Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$140
$137
Agoda.com
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$129
All reviewsdog rungardens are beautifulharvest marketroom was cleangarden areacontinental breakfastfish cleaning stationdog parkskunk traingreat place to stayfire pitwould stay here againpicnic tablesfresh fruitfridge and microwavedesk clerkking bed
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here over the Fourth of July and loved it. The room was clean, spacious and decorated nicely. This Motel is dog friendly and even has a gated dog run on property. The Gardens on the grounds created a very charming ambiance. The Staff was very friendly and gave good very good recommendations for local restaurants as well as telling us which ones were dog friendly. We would stay here again anytime We visit Fort Bragg!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Surf Motel is a mixed bag. We had two rooms. Both had relatively new bedspreads, carpet and paint, and clean bathrooms. My parents’ room had furniture from the 60s that didn’t sell at a garage sale and a gym locker room odor that they tried to cover up with a lot of that sickening air freshener. Fortunately Mom and Dad have lost much of their sense of smell. My room smelled fine and had much nicer, newer furniture. The continental breakfast is limited but just fine: orange juice, coffee, tea, two cereals, pastries, bread for toast, and very nice nectarines and perfectly ripe bananas. They have a beautiful garden and the rooms were reasonably priced. I’d stay there again but only if I could be assured of room 120 and not room 142.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GiantOilMaggot
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Uber - dog friendly and a delightful motel. Don't be fooled by it's simple exterior.

There is a nice size dog park between the fish cleaning station and the fire pits. Free poop bags. Except for the morning and late evening potty runs, we never saw any dogs inside. I found one big poop at the far end which I cleaned up. The motel is dog friendly, offers a nice dog run and free poop bags yet some owners still can't be responsible....enjoy your karma.

Try to get room 20 or close to it because those rooms are the closest to the dog park.

Good WiFi.

Room Tip: Stay by room 20 if you want to be close to the dog area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WISCGirl
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hello, my name is Sarah Koski and my boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Surf Motel and Gardens. The woman at the counter was very friendly and asked if we wanted to see the room before reserving it. ( Which impressed me geatly) Our room was incredibly clean and the gardens that are featured on the grounds are lovely. This is not a 'super high end luxury' motel but it certainly isn't 'bottom of the barrel' either. It was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed for two nights. With a Great Dane. The rooms are very clean and the bed is comfy. The gardens are very pretty and well maintained! The dog run area is excellent especially for my giant dog. He loved having time off leash! The staff is very friendly and helpful! The continental breakfast was more than enough! We loved sitting in the gardens and just relaxing! We will stay here again for sure! We stay in Fort Bragg about once a month or so and have tried almost all of the pet friendly places and for the price and what you get it is a good bargain. Especially because they don't have a problem with my Giant Dog! Our daughter an family will be there in the beginning of Aug upon our recommendation!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple