“Budget room=budget quality”

Ranked #6 of 12 Fort Bragg B&B and Inns
Kelowna, Canada
“Budget room=budget quality”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I wish I could give this place a higher overall review as it was "cute" enough but when you are trying to sleep, it doesn't matter how charming the exterior is or how lovely the garden is. We had the "buttercup" room, which (I peeked into several of the other rooms) appears to be the budget room. The double bed was lumpy and so soft I was rolling into my husband all night, which would have been okay except that it was hot and stuffy with no air-conditioning or even a fan. I imagine it doesn't usually get too hot in the area, but I could not sleep due to the heat. The window which only opened part way didn't do much to help. Basically I felt like I was sleeping in my gramma's tiny, hot attic.

On the other hand, the breakfast was lovely with a nice variety of food and the hostess (owner?) was helpful. Just wish I could say better things about the room itself. I gather from other reviews that the higher priced rooms are of better quality.

Room Tip: Do not choose the buttercup room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janet R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Modesto, California, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a charming little place and although it is right on Rt. 1 it was quiet and peaceful. We were very pleasantly surprised by a gentle and comfortably social dog!! The owner was very pleasant and helpful, with insights into the town and the building. All in all a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Atrium is a very nice comfortable and excellent buffet style breakfast. The frittata had a lot of vegetables and they had a fruit salad as well as potatoes and a variety of breads, whole grain, and some pastries, coffee, tea, juice. Cookies and tea in the afternoon and wonderful hosts. Gail and Mary are very knowledgeable, about the restaurants and very gracious hosts. My son and I enjoyed our stay in the garden room. Next time my husband and I will stay when he can get the week off. My ratings is an excellent for our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter but our room was on the corner of the side street, so I didn't hea...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We thought we were getting a bargain since everything else in the area was so pricey. What you're really paying for is the location - easy access to beaches and sights.

The Oasis Room was nicely appointed (as all the rooms seem to be). It was comfortable and clean, but there was definitely a musty smell and the corners of the windows are offputtingly black. (Dirt? Mold?)

We had e-mailed our dietary preferences ahead of time and the host either didn't read it or forgot about it, which wouldn't have been a huge deal (there were enough other things to eat) except for the fact that she admonished us for not telling her before. Then she got into a tizzy about us coming in through the back (from the parking lot) instead of going around the block to the official door. Maybe she felt anxious about us not being the same skin color as her, or maybe she treats everyone the same way. All I know is, I felt slightly comfortable here and that's enough to prevent me coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ysman
Caribbean
Reviewed April 28, 2014

we very much enjoyed our visit. the rooms were very nice, comfortable, great beds, and an excellent breakfast. The Atrium was totally worth the money. all of the hosts were great and helpful with everything.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ethan22
Nags Head, North Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my 2nd stay @ The Atrium. Stayed in the Hunting Lodge room (name may be off a bit). Most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Room was very comfortable with easy access. We visited Glass Beach where my sister got so caught up climbing around in the rocks, we almost missed breakfast. Mary was sweet enough to call to see if she should hold breakfast for us. We missed the call but she had everything on warming plates for us and visited with us while we enjoyed the awesome full breakfast. 1st visit was during the summer while everything was blooming in the atrium. This trip was in March - not many blossoms but still lovely. Definitely recommend a stay and if you're a beach glass admirer, visit glass beach for sure.

Room Tip: Stayed in bird room on 1st trip (again, name may be off a bit) which was charming.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family