“Good Motel for the Budget Minded”

Oceanside Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Seattle, Washington
“Good Motel for the Budget Minded”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Let's get this out of the way: This place is not the Fort Bragg Ritz. What it is is a good (not great) for the price motel that is walking distance to the ocean and the downtown area. The place is somewhat kitsch in decor and thrown together in some areas (*the rooms could use an upgrade, but it's nothing that's a serious deal-breaker). Had most amenities: fridge, wifi, cable. Beds are ok (not great) but managed to sleep w/hardly no noise. Staff managed problems relatively quickly - however, they do come across as kind of terse (borderline grumpy). Also, don't expect much for the continental breakfast (unless you like Hostess mini-donuts and weak instant coffee). Basically, if you're not going to spend alot of time at the room - then this is ideal for using as a base.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jdawg5555
oceansideinnandsuite, Webmaster at Oceanside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Oceanside Inn Fort Bragg.

We appreciate your review and honest observations which will definitely help us to improve.

We are thankful for putting the good things as well as the improvement points straight.

We have taken actions to improve on all the areas mentioned as per the review.

We would love to see you again at our hotel and we will definitely give you a nice experience.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We travel a lot, and we don't have an extravagant amount of money so we usually stay at the smaller Chains. When I walked into the room (above the office) it took my breath away... It was strangely shaped and decorated beautifully. I loved it so much that i immediately went back down stairs and paid for another night so that we wouldn't lose it to someone else.

Room Tip: I don't know about the other rooms, but loved mine.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tina W
Livermore, California
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at the Oceanside Inn & Suites and I will stay there when ever I go to Fort Bragg. The staff make you feel like family, they are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and the ocean is only two blocks away!!! Incredible!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room for two people, they are much bigger.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Alameda, California, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My review has also been deleted, so here I am reposting.

The only good thing about the hotel was the location.

To start with, the front desk clerk was rude and short with guests, despite charging over $140 for a cheap motel room. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, and there was an intermittent loud buzzing noise that went off throughout the night and morning. Guests next door were loud and the walls so paper thin that you could hear a baby crying. Continental breakfast was a joke--there wasn't even any coffee left, and it was just Costco packaged pastries. I wouldn't stay here again for half the price.

After posting a review through the site where I booked this hotel, the owner did contact me but would not refund any money. He simply offered half-off for my next visit, which will never happen. I was hoping that he might have acknowledged some of the issues and mentioned his intention to make things better, however, I got the feeling that things will stay exactly as they were and ultimately, the owner was unconcerned about anything other than charging exorbitant rates.

There is a good reason why this hotel is rated almost dead last. Trust the large amount of negative reviews and skip this place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank James D
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Oceanside Inn and the review.

Please note that we have investigated the issue already and the needful has been done.

We understand our guests and what they look for.

Effective actions have been taken on each area to improve- particularly the hospitality and the refund issue.

Please visit us again and check our hospitality.

Travelers are raving about these Fort Bragg hotels

Running Springs, California
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I have stayed here twice. The first time we had a ground level room in the back and it was old but quite adequate for the price. Very clean and had a friendly staff.

The next time was quite different, we went with some friends and they may not trust me again. The lobby reeked of Curry. The rooms we had this time were second story, facing the parking lot. and very strange. Funny little chairs you could not sit on. Much more run-down that our first visit.

Room Tip: Stay on the ground, avoid rooms above the office
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Oceanside Inn for your stay.

We appreciate your review and take your observations for improvement.

Steps have been taken in every area of hospitality and the hotel upkeep has improved a lot.

Please visit us so that you can have a nice stay as you had experienced during the first time.

We welcome you again.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

this hotel is dirty overpriced and should be avoided if there is no other place to stay in town sleep in your car

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gustavo7120
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Oceanside Inn and the review.

We would appreciate if your review could have been more specific apart from the price issue because we take guest reviews seriously towards improvement.

We have made improvement in every area of the managing the inn.

You are always welcome to stay with us and we will offer you the best hospitality.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is the first review I have ever felt compelled to write. While the on-site manager was friendly and appeared to be doing all one person could alone, this property seems understaffed and in need of basic upgrades.

I stayed two nights. I purchased a room via the Inn's [think motel's] own internet deal. Good thing I brought a print-out of the online transaction. On arrival, a double billing error was the first issue to be sorted out.

When I walked into the room, I found out-dated furniture and drapery. There was also a bizarre cow motif. Then I got to chase away a few flies. Oh well, I am a good sport... The room was cheap and the bathroom was clean, so I chalked this up to budget travel.

On night two, I arrived back at the room and saw that the room was inundated with flies. I discovered that something from the drapes had drawn the flies inside. I, along with one of the friend's I was traveling with, complained. The on-site manager gave me a second room. I asked her to walk me back the first room to retrieve a personal item. When she saw for herself, she apologized for the circumstance.

The second room was quieter. Unfortunately, in the morning I discovered a poorly cleaned shower. [After check-out, my friends and I saw that all the room doors are swung open to the outdoors while the rooms are being cleaned].

I hate to write this review. The on-site manager was nice. The friends I traveled with had no problems with their room, outside of the decor.

Still, other travelers should be forewarned.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank K N
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and the observations. We will surely take them for improvement.

We are addressing your observations for further improvement and you shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.

Glad to note that you liked the hospitality of the manager and we have conveyed about this.

We await your earliest next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.