“ok for the price”

Ebb Tide Lodge
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
“ok for the price”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We staid on campgrounds some days and when comming to Fort Bragg were looking for a room as it was quite cold. Motel is offering good value for the price. Doubble queen for 70 USD
Shower was hot, everything clean and stuff was friendly.

Room Tip: Check room before entering.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas S
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the comments. I’m very glad we could meet your needs on a cold night. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and on the accommodations and amenities we provide. Thanks for noticing the value that we provide too. We hope you can stay with us again if your travels bring you to the area in the future. We’ll be here for you.

Hotel Manager

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed June 10, 2014

When you are offering the service with the price that you are asking then maintain that. Because I do not believe that line, expect what you pay. I paid before than looking at your room and the service.
We stayed in this 'LODGE' for two nights for last week end.
Before you are offering a room check that if things are working or not.
1. Two of the three lights in the room was not working. One was fixed by changing the bulb and other turned on but keep blinking in entire staying.
2. Carpet is full of spots, we kept our one year all the time on bed.
3. We need to ask for the shampoo in the bathroom.
4. Bathroom sink was clogged with water. Even after complaining no fixing was done. We were using the shower water for hand wash etc.
5. Only one trash in the room and nothing in the bathroom!
6. Room heater has no control, no difference in 55 or 85 F.
7.The heating at bathroom has a timer and off course that did not work.
We paid $133 total for this. Now it is your choice.

Room Tip: Do not go.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for these comments. While I don’t completely understand all of your comments, I’m sorry that you experienced maintenance issues with your room. We are in the process now of rechecking all rooms to make sure that none of these problems exist in our rooms going forward. I sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied and hope you understand that these issues are not an indication of how we usually do business.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Fort Bragg hotels

Petaluma, California
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were late getting into Fort Bragg and had no reservations. This place was in the middle of town so we thought it might be good to be able to walk where ever we wanted to. It is the most God-awful place we have ever parked our Harley and spent the night. If we hadn't been so tired we would have left the minute we walked in. It stunk! There was a smell of cat urine and the bathroom had a moldy smell. Even with the windows open the odor wouldn't go away. I wouldn't even take a shower. We gotta out of there first light in the morning.

Room Tip: I am not sure there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chari42
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for offering your comments. I’m glad we were able to provide you accommodations on short notice, and thanks for spending the night with us despite your concerns. Most guests are completely satisfied with their experience here, but I sincerely apologize if we fell short of your expectations in any way. I hope you’ll try us again in future. We’re always changing and improving and would welcome you again.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed here for the night on the way to San Francisco. It was adequate for our needs, the rooms aren't amazing but you have a microwave, fridge, TV with HBO, continental breakfast is included. The bathrooms are small but it works. Its cheap but for a reason you get what your paying for.

Room Tip: Close to the office if you are using Wifi.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your comments and for recognizing the combination of value, comfort and amenities that we provide. I apologize that we could not excel beyond “adequate” for you, however. Dozens of guests each week indicate complete satisfaction. In any case, I hope you will consider becoming one of our thousands of repeat customers if you visit the area again.

Northern California
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I checked in to my "Suite" with a "Jacuzzi" ??? I took one look inside the tub & went to the store to buy some bleach. The sofa in there was horrid...the bed way to hard & no warmth whatsoever in the whole room. I decided to leave my key...& checked in to ANOTHER hotel that had a clean Jacuzzi, a comfy bed and extra warmth to it...all for the same price! I was waiting for the cockroaches to join me at The Ebb Tide...NEVER will stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank katandthegeneral
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize that the hot tub suite you booked did not meet your needs. I only wish you had accepted our offer of another room to see if we could accommodated you, but I respect your decision to move to another property. You always have that option. I hope you enjoyed your stay there. We try to exceed every guest’s expectations, and clearly we did not do that in your case. For that, I’m very sorry.

Thanks,
Raleigh
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This motel was the only one with a vacancy in Fort Bragg. That should have tipped us off. The desk clerk could not understand English very well when we asked for a restaurant suggestion. The bathroom was so small, the shower door conflicted with the commode. The shower was moldy. There was no room to move around the bed because the room was small. It was a very expensive night in an unpleasant motel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lovemyretirement
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is nice to note that you chose Ebb Tide Lodge for your recent stay.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously for improvement.

We apologize for your experience howsoever it might have happened.

We have checked all the amenities and to ensure the rooms are in perfect
condition before checking in a new guest.

We request you to make a note of our efforts and request you to stay with us again and have a new satisfactory experience.

Oroville, California
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had an unexpected stay in Fort Bragg when our starter went out in our car. So within walking distance (the only place with a vacancy) we checked into the Ebb Tide Motel. We walked into the room, and there was an odd smell, the room was full of mold and we even found a pair of reading glasses that was left from the people before us, and grape stems between the beds on the floor. That showed us how much they clean these rooms. Wouldn't even dare get in the shower...Longer story short our starter was fixed and we were able to leave that night. Thank god we didn't have to stay. I complained to the (family that lived-owned) the hotel, they said no refund you were here all day. 5 hours from check in to running out of there -I don't think so. This place should be torn down. I am not one to write reviews but this place had made our bad situtiation much worse. I would recommend sleeping in your car before stepping foot inside this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank laceylee25
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Ebb Tide Lodge.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere for the inconvenience you had whatsoever and howsoever unlikely it can be.

The entire issue related to the cleanliness and other hygiene related problem in the room has been investigated. Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

We are responding after taking honest efforts and not just to defend ourselves.

Once again please stay with us and experience the difference!