“ONE OF THE BETTER MOTEL 6 LOCATIONS”
Review of Motel 6 Fort Bragg

Motel 6 Fort Bragg
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Calgary, Canada
“ONE OF THE BETTER MOTEL 6 LOCATIONS”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Place was well kept. tidy, lots of parking. Quiet for a reasonably large operation and "highway" exposure (main drag/Rte 1). Almost all units are far enough back not to notice rioad noise. Recent conversion from a Quality Innn fior some reason. Busy even for Aug 22. Would stay again, even my wife says it's OK

Room Tip: Best at 1) south side or 2) back behind central block, backing onto Franklin Street. See Google Eart...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Motel 6 at Fort Bragg as part of our roadtrip from Lake Tahoe up to Seattle. We had been told that Mendocino was a lovely town to visit along Highway 1, but the accomodation there was quite expensive, and as we knew we were not going to be arriving until late due to the long drive from Lake Tahoe, we decided to stay at Fort Bragg instead, and then drive back down to Mendocino to have a look around and have dinner, it's only 15mins south of the Motel 6 at Fort Bragg so that was no problem.

Check in was swift and our room was quite large. We weren't expecting much given the price of the room, there was a king size bed as promised and the room had heating and free HBO so no complaints there. A couple of negatives though, the carpet had obviously been steam cleaned that day, it was still wet to walk on and the smell made it obvious that it had been recently cleaned, it probably shouldn't have been rented out until it had dried completely, but we were too tired to bother about complaining and moving our stuff at that stage, and thought that at least we knew it was clean as opposed to dirty. The pillows were like half size pillows and there were 4 of them spread accross the bed, we both thought this was really strange, and quite frankly annoying, a king size bed should have king size pillows, I don't want to have to put together two pillows and have a gap in the middle when I'm trying to sleep. Also, the towels are miniature, and I'm not a big guy, if you were a larger person you'd need about 4 just to dry yourself, but you only get 2 in the room. Anyway, we slept well enough and the hotel was passable ... just. If it weren't for the negative issues I raised I would've given it 4 stars.

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We have been visiting the Mendocino/Fort Bragg coast for about 25 years now, and finding reasonable food and lodging can be a challenge there. This property used to be called "Tradewinds", and the attached restaurant still operates under that name. If you are looking for a romantic setting with sunset ocean views and all that, then this isn't your place. It is located on the inland side of Highway 1, the main street thru town, and directly accross from the abandoned Georgia-Pacific mill site. If you have a full day of activities planned (and there are many here), and just want a place to eat and sleep, this property offers a compelling value. The rooms are clean, the housekeeping staff is friendly and efficient, the location is good, there is plenty of off-street parking, pets are welcome, and the restaurant offers excellent food (and grog) at very reasonable prices. We have stayed at several different establishments over the years, and have made this one our first choice for travel to the Mendo Coast. We plan on visiting again soon, and would recommend it without qualification.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel has less traffic noise.
1 Thank tangoflyer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 20, 2012

For the price, it was an adequate motel. The three bed suite was a nice option when traveling with teenagers. The back bedroom of the suite backed directly on the highway. It could be quite noisy in the mornings. As other travelers have mentioned, the hotel is undergoing a construction renovation. We stayed in one of the older rooms. The door entering into the room had a very wide gap. We had to plug it with towels to keep the air and sunlight out. It is a fair choice if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep and not spend a lot of time.

1 Thank scorpian31
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were looking for something affordable but not cheap. This experience felt cheap. staff was friendly, and there was a pool - these were the only redeeming qualities in my book. The pool was maintained well and seemed cleaner than the room. Beds were ok but definitely needing replacement (could hear the springs squeeking and feel them bending when you sat down)
floors were filthy, as in soiled (First night there my 3 year old dumped sand from his shoe before we could catch him so we asked for a vaccum - no one at the front desk could get us access to housekeeping so we cleaned up as best we could by hand but next day when we returned the floor had still not been vaccumed after housekeeping had finished their day)
There was a refrigerator in the room but it did not work - so the food I put in it after turning it on spoiled by the time we got home that night. No coffee maker or alarm clock in the room, standard items usually, but there was a hairdryer.
Our second night we were just happy to have clean sheets to climb into we were so tired it didn't matter, unfortunately rest did not come because there had been a class reunion at the motel which finished up around 10pm but many of the guests were staying in the motel and they carried their party to a couple of the rooms. Didn't hear anything once they were inside their rooms, but periodically was jolted awake by loud intoxicated guests coming and going. Air conditioning/heating unit worked well, windows were single pain so you heard everything from outside as if it was in your room. Around 1am a very intoxicated party guest banged on our door and scared me to death - thinking they were going to just pass by and being still groggy I waited momentarily hoping, but they continued banging so I answered and informed them I had sleeping children and did not want them to be woken, making some unintelligeable comment about "why would I do that?" (speaking of herself it appeared) she then stepped toward me like she was going to enter the room so I quickly closed the door and locked it while telling her loudly I was going to call for help. She then proceeded to banter with here friend about what a /?!$* I was for not letting her get her &*%$!@? keys before getting into a vehicle and driving away. (I didn't see who was driving) By now my heart was racing and my husband was wide awake (fortunately the kids didn't seem disturbed at all surprisingly). We called the front desk to request assistance but no one answered, and within about 10 minutes they were gone, so we did not call the police.
I like to think that this was just one of those fluke stays where everything seems to go wrong, and the motel does seem to be attempting to improve the grounds and update the rooms. But if this is the kind of crowd that is drawn here, that will be bad for their business. I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Our room was one the "updated" rooms and I wouldn't recommend it if this is as good as...
1 Thank Jennifer G

Travelers are raving about these Fort Bragg hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family and I stayed at this motel and we found it to be clean and a great bargain. We stayed in a three bedroom suite and it was very nice with plenty of room. The staff and management were very professional and there was a good restaurant on the property. All attractions are close and we enjoyed our stay, we definitely would stay there again.

2 Thank Don H
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This motel was the nicest Motel 6 I have ever stayed at. Updated rooms and clean. The price was right for the night and it's close enough to walk to several places for food. If you don't mind a little more walking it's just outside of the shopping area for Fort Bragg.

• Stayed July 2012