“Incredible Afternoon!!”

Ricochet Ridge Ranch
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Spent the most wonderful afternoon riding with Vida through the woods and forests, climbing up to the most incredible views of the Pacific. Absolutely amazing!! Vida is terrific, great sense of humor, caring horsewoman, very knowledgeable about the area and the trees, plants, etc. Just the perfect woman to spend the afternoon with on horseback. And the horse she selected for me was perfect!! Cherokee was gorgeous with a beautiful, very noble headset, quick and ready to go, but steady and solid as a rock, He was so much fun to ride, I loved him!! And a huge bonus, Vida took a video of the ride and set it to music!! Truly, a spectacular day!! Thank you so much Vida and Cherokee!!! :)

All reviews
in 28 reviews
"saddle"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have gone on rides with the folks at Ricochet Ridge Ranch a couple of times and they have always been great. They make sure you are "matched" with the right horse.

Comfortable ride through the park near the stable, and ending up on the beach. The horses are calm and the rise was serene.

Fun addition to a Fort Bragg trip!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

None of the grandkids had been on a horse and it had been 50 years for me (on a burro). This beach ride is perfect for learning the mechanics without worrying about the path ... all flat, mostly all soft sand, no trotting. Helmets and instruction provided. Our guide was especially suited for novices. Very very happy.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was with the group of 6 ladies from northern MN and agree it is the BEST vacation I have ever taken. I was there with my husband in 06 also and we had a great time. Lari has high quality, beautiful, healthy horses to ride. The scenery was spectacular - truly a life long dream to gallop along the ocean. What puts it over the top - the guides! In 06 we had a interesting young man and this time we had Vida! She had us all figured out before we ever opened our mouths! She matched horses and riders. During the ride she made adjustments to keep everything going smoothly. You don`t always find guides that can read people & horses this well. This is a vacation that I will do again - would like to it every year - only for longer!

1  Thank Jackie E
See more reviews
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our group of 6 ladies traveled from Northern MN to Fort Bragg with Ricochet Ridge as the #1 goal of our trip. We all trail ride together and couldn't wait for our 2 days of riding. Vida was our guide and as you can tell from other reviews, she is truly AMAZING!!! She can read people and horses and paired us up with the best mounts ever. And these aren't just "packers" - many are competitive endurance horses and are SO FUN TO RIDE!!! I was on an awesome little black gelding named Whisper. He was an absolute dream to ride - I don't think I ever stopped smiling.

Our first day was the 4 hour Forest ride, where Vida hauled our mounts to a location at the trailhead. It was a little congested around the ranch but they only have so much space and have some pretty big trailers to pull out of there. The horses all seemed familiar with the trail and we became familiar with them as we went along. Vida was so accommodating with several breaks and took pictures with EVERYONES cameras. She told us about redwoods and pointed out interesting areas, as well as bear tracks in the mud. (Happy we didn't see any bears.),

The second day, we went on the 3 hour Beach ride and had another amazing day. I believe Vida takes the group on the type of ride they are able to feel comfortable on, and sine we were comfortable on our horses, she let us do quite a bit of cantering. It was a gorgeous clear day, so the blue sky, blue ocean, breakers coming in and a group of horses on the beach must be like a little bit of heaven. It was one of those experiences where you feel like it is so amazing, can it really be true??? Yep, we were there and had a most amazing day.

I cannot say enough about Vida and how she treated us. She knew each horse so well and was able to connect with each of us as we rode. And to top it off, she did a video of each ride (and pictures) were her Go Pro and posted them on Facebook for us. Such a great way to always remember our trip.

1  Thank Penny E