“Wonderful Horse trip”

Ricochet Ridge Ranch
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a great time riding in the Redwoods, the scenery is beautiful. The horses we were
paired with were wonderful. Our guide Vida was very informative, fun and made our trip more fun
than we expected. Our beach ride was also fantastic, doesn't get much better than loping along the tide line, seeing sea lion heads popping thru the surf. Once again Vida made it special
and if possible I would have taken my horse home! Ask for Vida as a guide and you won't be
disappointed.

2  Thank bajasand

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am part of a group of five women who plan an annual horse adventure each year and this year we chose to take two private rides with Ricochet Ranch, one in the redwoods and the other on the beach. The riding was some of the best we have encountered, the horses were excellant, the scenery was spectacular and our guide, Vida, was not only very competent but truly accommodating to ensure we had a great time. We couldn't have been more pleased with our experience!

2  Thank mulegemama
Reviewed August 13, 2012

MENDOCINO GETAWAY RIDE
I’ve ridden in several countries and the 4-day Mendocino Getaway Ride (June, 2012) was this year’s choice. My decision to ride in the States rather than booking a riding trip abroad was without regret. Look out Ireland, Portugal, Spain. It just doesn’t get any better than Redwood Forest, vast ranches and Pacific Ocean vistas, presented to you by Ricochet Ridge Ranch.
Vida, my personal guide, is the consummate horsewoman, knowledgeable and safety-conscious, as well as possessing a 6th sense for the rider’s comfort and skill level. She was professional to a fault. Toss in hysterically funny and fun to be with and it made for great companionship and a memorable experience. Ask for Vida!
My horse, Zvesda, needed a new name so I dubbed her Nadia Comanici. She was fantastic! Vida had selected her for me and we made a great team. Whether tackling the steep hills of the countryside or cantering the wide-open beaches of Mac Kerricher State Park, Nadia was a joy to ride and she remained my mount for the four-day trek. I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.
To the solo traveler I say, ”fear not”. I flew from NY to San Francisco, grabbed a rental car, drove to Mendocino (an exhilarating and beautiful drive!) where I stayed at the lovely MacCallum House Inn. The daily ride to Ricochet Ridge Ranch was quick and easy. After riding each day, I spent hours exploring the tiny and picturesque town of Mendocino; taking pictures, shopping or enjoying a glass of wine back at the inn. Mendocino is walkable, friendly and safe. With it’s Victorian architecture, old water towers, abundant flowers and of course, ocean views, it was a true delight.
Just do it.
Marie Triller Albany, New York

2  Thank MariepixNY
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is one of the few places in the country where one can have a guided ride on the beach, and the beach here is spetacular, with rolling waves and harbor seals and sea lions. A group ride is $50 each and a guided ride for two persons is $90 each, plus tip, of course. The ride is about 90 minutes.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I expected the usual "dude" horses and casual attitude toward safety, but was very pleasantly surprised by my experience at Ricochet Ridge. They are very safety conscious, with helmets for all, careful to match horses and riders, and attentive to trail etiquette. These horses are far better than the common stable horse, and the ride supervisors were very attentive, especially to the new riders in the group. The horses make the rides engaging for experienced riders, as well as for beginners.

1  Thank finicky