“Okay Place”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Love the family although not so much like being forced to tip so aggressively. Food is okay but the prices are to high. Love the atmosphere though, great and uplifting.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice ambience. An old Italian family affair. Hooked? Sucker!

If you speak Italian -- or Roma, perhaps -- you may get some respect. If not, well, sit back and experience it. A real old world hustle.

1  Thank BigBarnen
Reviewed September 14, 2013

First off , I cannot believe how bad folks rate this friendly family run restaurant, they must be truly snooty! The family is truly wonderful and warm. I always make it a point to return here, the food is great as well as the charming environment in the harbor area. Recently, I planned on going on a Tues. eve, and to my disappointment they were closed. So I went again the following night...again, to my dismay, it was still closed. I called my husband the second night, and told him of my dilemma, I then decided to stay an additional night in the area, just so I could have dinner there. Anthony is a wonderful cook...it is sad, after reading some of the reviews, how harsh folks are. The prices are comparable in what Fort Bragg has to offer. My response to those who wrote terrible reviews..."well now, aren't you just the most adorable "black hole" of need."

2  Thank Pat A
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I expected something great from this place. Over the past 8 years it seems to have gone downhill.
They seem to be making up for the lack of diners by raising their prices -- a lot! The clam chowder was a joke - a few bits of clam in a sea of bland white sauce. We won't be going back.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

At one time years ago, we fell for the charm of dockside eating with grandma and her sons. Sure, there were some minuses--no mixed drinks, house wine only, no credit card accepted. This year, we were shocked at the menu prices, but counted on the food to be extra good. We each ordered a bowl of clam chowder and a glass of house wine. The bill for these four items was $38--$9 for each chowder, $7.50 each glass of wine, and $5 for we know not what. The bread, maybe, that was supposed to be included? The chowder was just a bowl of white sauce with tiny bits of clam and a potato chunk or two floating in it. It needed salt and pepper just to give it any flavor at all. Worst bowl of chowder I've ever had.
And, we were dumb enough to leave a tip "for the boys" in the basket Mama Carine pressed on us. So long, Carine's, it's been good to know ya.