“Definitely worth a visit!”
Review of Cafe 1

Cafe 1
Ranked #18 of 89 Restaurants in Fort Bragg
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This cafe was recommended to us at one of the stores in town, and we are very glad we asked as we probably wouldn't have found it otherwise as it's just on the edge of the main drag. It is an organic cafe which was a welcome surprise when we arrived and in our 8 day stay in the US it was probably the nicest meal we ate! There were delicious fresh baked scones and lots of fresh fruit and veg. Everything was tasty without being too sweet or too fatty and it was just a very pleasant experience - highly recommended and if we are ever back in California we'll try to get back to Cafe 1!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We always stop here once or twice on our trips to the area, and have done so for years. The quality and service are always perfect, the menu selections for this casual diner style restaurant are extensive. Fresh, well created dishes. Very friendly staff and customers.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I'm a Fort Bragg local and this is one of my favorite places to eat in town. Cafe 1 has the number one most important fact, when going to a restaurant, FRESH FOOD. They actually cook the food and prepare it fresh, unlike a lot of other restaurants. I don't see or hear them ever using a microwave! I can't say this much for restaurants now days. Not to mention Cafe 1 is clean and the staff is always friendly. I have never been disappointed and I'm at this place on a weekly basis. Some of my favorites are Chicken Curry Sandwitch, Black Bean Omelette, Salmon Sandwitch, Vegetarian Chilli Bowl, Hippie Scramble, Windowpane Breakfast. I could go on but I can't remember all the names at the moment. I have never gotten a salad that was inedible. All my salads have been fresh, large and full of flavors. Side salads consist of lush leafy green lettuce, sunflower seeds, radish and tomatoe slices and sprouts. The best part of the side salads are the pickled onions that they put on the top of every salad. It give a perfect combonation of sweetness with their creamy blue cheese salad dressing. I always order my dressings on the side and I love this blue cheese dressing. It is filled with chuncks of creamy blue cheese. It really make a nice combonation of flavors for just a side salad that comes with your main lunch time meal. Another added favorite is the breakfast jams. Yum! They make a mean chai with a nice frothy top and a sprinkle of nutmeg. I can't say anything bad about Cafe 1. They know what they are doing and feed our community well. Thank You everyone at Cafe 1. You make me and so many people I know, happy!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were looking for an upscale place to have a late breakfast/lunch with view of the ocean. The Cliff House restaurant was closed for a private event, but a waiter there recommended Cafe One on the north end of Main St.
I was a bit disappointed when we pulled up as from the outside it looked like just another lower end diner, but the locals review pulled us in and we weren't led astray.
The atmosphere was simple, but pleasant and clean, the service very good.
My Mom had breakfast, which she loved, particularly the turkey bacon that was thick, lots of flavor and not at all like the usual thin, unappealing, semi-tasteless impersonator.
I had a delicious chicken, avocado, curry sandwich that was generous in serving with tons of flavor.
The hibiscus iced tea was refreshing and pretty. There were lots of appealing choices on the menu and even though I'm not a religious "organic" eater Cafe One would be a good find for those who are.
We had an appointment soon after so let the waitress know that we were in a bit of a rush which she went out of her way to accommodate by bringing the food promptly along with the check, which we appreciated.
The restroom was also clean. I would certainly go there again when in the area.

1  Thank RandiRA
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Friendly staff in a typical cafe that serves wonderful, fresh food with lots of local, organic ingredients, many vegetables and vegetarian options. We had both breakfast and lunch and enjoyed them both. Thanksgiving Coffee was a nice touch.