“Just what I needed”

Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Boonville, California
“Just what I needed”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Wanted to have a quick get away, so I googled Fort Bragg pet friendly Inn's and the Coast Inn and Spa was one of the first few places to pop up. I called that day for a reservation and booked a room with a jacuzzi tube. The lady on the phone was very nice. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable room. It had a nice piece of land behind it so I could take my old puppy out to stretch her legs and do her business. The location was good only 5 minutes or so to the downtown area. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had not had a chance to study any reviews prior to coming over to Ft. Bragg whatsoever - Now I am glad that I didn't. I am not certain as to what the other guests had encountered, save one; On Friday Morning, I had questions that needed answering - the message on the door said the office would be back at 9:00am. However, they were not available until around 9:30.

That said, I can assert the owner and staff were all friendly. It may not be a full-service spa as others had stated, but they are extremely accommodating and helped when we needed anything during our 3 day stay. Additionally, they did offer holistic healing, massage and our room was clean; they are pet friendly - with 4 acres in the back to walk you animals in the morning; Fresh linens and towels offered as well as room to be made up daily; refrigerator, microwave and soft linens all made for a cozy stay.

We highly recommend the Coast Inn to anyone but those snot-nosed, whiny, social climbing high-brows. If you happen to be one of those, sorry, there doesn't appear to be a Waldorf Astoria near by.

Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Coast Inn and Spa is an old motor lodge that has had minimal upgrades. Our room was large, but the walls were paper thin. The beds were okay, but the blankets had numerous cigarette burns. The baseboards in the bathroom were furry with dust and grime, and the plexiglass shower had a broken dial. The whole place felt sad and in disrepair. If we were paying motor lodge prices, I wouldn't complain, but we paid $220/night. Way too much for what we got. I still may not have written a bad review, but when we got back to the hotel late at night, we found that there had been no housekeeping service- beds were still unmade, overflowing trash cans. I went in to complain about the lack of housekeeping the next morning, but the office was closed until 9 AM, and we had to leave before that. What motel doesn't have someone on duty until 9 AM? I would not stay here again, and certainly not at that price.

1 Thank Cathy136

Travelers are raving about these Fort Bragg hotels

Grass Valley, California
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights with some family my father had a stroke and has a hard time walking with out being helped and sometimes carried they have no ramps so we carried him up s couple stairs .and the next morning he was woke up and kicked out .the manager knew he had problems, was constantly patrolling by are room made us feel very uncomfortable..I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me. They discriminate against disabled, and charge way to much.nothing good about the place but the location

1 Thank Veryupset13
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have stayed here three times (one time we blew off Santa Rosa and drove back to Mendocino for the town and this motel) and it is always excellent, and there's always something special. On this particular trip I happened upon some Korean gentlemen who invited me to join them in some fresh-caught (by them) rock cod sashimi and Korean wine.
This motel is convenient to Mendocino and to Fort Bragg, and the laundry facilities make it an ideal midway point for exploring the California Coast and the Wine Country.
Coast Inn & Spa gets full points for being a fine motel in a great location, and extra points for having some special magic mojo that has helped make two special vacations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a great night at the Coast Inn. The room was very clean and the bed was incredibly comfy. The owner was very accommodating and informative about the surrounding area...gave us great tips and directions on the morning we were leaving. We got a king room for a great deal. Would recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maddy B
Ukiah, California
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I really liked this Inn. It was nice and quiet and the owner was very accommodating. Our room had a king bed which was very comfortable with nice blankets and pillows. The room was very clean as well. It is just south of Fort Bragg which I liked because then we didn't have to worry about being right in the middle of everything, including traffic. I plan on using this hotel every time I stay in Fort Bragg. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach
Beach House Inn
Beach House Inn
#10 of 23 in Fort Bragg

Been to Coast Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!